Sore loser?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Fielder
Miler

Sore loser?

Post by Chris Fielder »

I've never seen this happen before.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HR_Nation/st ... 00/video/1
Green Mountain Stud - Home of Champion Standardbreds...
The Supreme One - He reigns supreme
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Sore loser?

Post by Nena Olson »

It has happened a few times before.. the most famous is the photo called "savage"

"Called "The Savage", this photo shows Great Prospector trying to bite Golden Derby (who went onto win the race) in the 1980 Tremont Stakes. The photo was taken by the noted New York track photographer Bob Coglianese, was an Eclipse Award winner." - equineink.com
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago It has happened a few times before.. the most famous is the photo called "savage"

"Called "The Savage", this photo shows Great Prospector trying to bite Golden Derby (who went onto win the race) in the 1980 Tremont Stakes. The photo was taken by the noted New York track photographer Bob Coglianese, was an Eclipse Award winner." - equineink.com
"The Savage" is one of my all time favorite photos. I think it's funny the horse doing the biting in this race is named "Whereshetoldmetogo".
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

We have a chronic biter in Australia called So Si Bon. Connections finally got told to geld him or they’d force retirement. He’s really really accomplished at absolutely savaging the horse beside him while ignoring his jockey.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

So Si Bon’s 3 recorded indescretions. I think he may have had one or two more that he got away with!

Suspension (Savaged Another Runner) 19-May-2018 FLEMINGTON Robert Cram Reinstated on 11-Sep-2018 Steward: H Brewer
Suspension (Savaged Another Runner) 10-Mar-2018 FLEMINGTON Terry Bailey Reinstated on 20-Mar-2018 Steward: S. Carey
Suspension (Savaged Another Runner) 18-Nov-2017 SANDOWN T
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

The same thing happened almost a year apart in Australia..
https://twitter.com/Racing/status/91144 ... e%2F404217

Better than the one in 2013 that bit the jockey though! https://twitter.com/bvalvsracing/status ... 7847147521

Saw another horse that would bite horses next to him when the gate opened.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Cleo Patra wrote: 5 years ago So Si Bon’s 3 recorded indescretions. I think he may have had one or two more that he got away with!

Suspension (Savaged Another Runner) 19-May-2018 FLEMINGTON Robert Cram Reinstated on 11-Sep-2018 Steward: H Brewer
Suspension (Savaged Another Runner) 10-Mar-2018 FLEMINGTON Terry Bailey Reinstated on 20-Mar-2018 Steward: S. Carey
Suspension (Savaged Another Runner) 18-Nov-2017 SANDOWN T
Ironically I worked at the farm that raised him and from what I was told by those who worked with him, he did the same thing there to his pasture mates when they'd be running around. No one actually expected he'd carry it over to the track though.
Natasha Yar
Miler

Post by Natasha Yar »

Let Goodtimes Roll reached over and bit Angel Cordero Jr. in the middle of a race because he couldn’t get past Angel’s horse and that seemed the best 2nd option, I guess.
Oncu Kaan
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Oncu Kaan »