Winx's Last Race!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Winx's Last Race!

Post by Anne Conradt »

The incredible mare down under is calling it quits.

Actually, her owners are. But y'all know what I mean.

The final race for the great 7-year old mare WINX is the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Gr.1) on Saturday.

That would be Friday night, 10:05 Pacific Daylight Time.

It'll be on TVG, I think, for Americans ... and probably for every television station down under that can carry it.

I believe she's going for win #33 in a row and her third consecutive Queen Elizabeth Stakes win.

I also think she's trying to break Arrogate's record of US$17 million plus in earnings.

40,000 fans are expected to be out at Randwick for the grand farewell for the old girl.

She's got 23 or 24 group 1 wins under her belt, which I think is now also a world record. I believe Hurricane Fly had the record of 22, if I'm correct.

I put the article down here.

https://news.yahoo.com/record-breaking- ... RzZWMDc2M-
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Re: Winx's Last Race!

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Good riddance.
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqRlR3PptdU

Winx took it pretty easy on 'em last night.

That race was over just before they hit the home stretch when she went about five or six wide and looped the field.

Didn't even break a sweat.
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

I've been following her and was happy that she won!
No matter what anyone says, she has an incredible record, and any owner/breeder/trainer would be proud, I'm pretty sure.
Looking forward to seeing her foals in a few years!
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

With Street Cry as a damsire, I'm looking forward to the foals, too!

I wonder who they're going to send her to first.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

I was reading an article at Bloodhorse, and Snitzel, I Am Invincible, Fastnet Rock, and Zoustar were mentioned as being possible studs if the owners decide not to ship Winx overseas.

Another interesting story to watch is Monarch of Egypt, one of American Pharoah's colts! I saw the news about his maiden win yesterday. And then of course, the Derby is coming up! Do you have a favorite, Anne?
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

Those are great local studs. Going for a speed influence.

You know, she could produce dirt horses. She could produce anything. She seems to love the mile and 1/4. And, she's got the speed influence to get her foals through Derby preps.

Monarch of Egypt has such a clean pedigree! No inbreeding through 5 gens. Should be a solid one.

The Derby ... OMG! It's giving me such a headache this year.

So many upsets in the preps, you almost have to go with whoever you think is the best trainer and the best jockey.

Then hope for racing luck come Derby Day.

Who can keep his horse healthy and intact over this last month?

Which jockey can keep his 3 YO out of trouble and get his horse out of a jam in a 20-horse field?

Anybody could win this one. Longshot year? I might play lucky numbers in a trifecta or superfecta. lol. Lay off the win betting.

Which one do you like?
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

You've brought up a lot of great points about the Derby, Anne! I really think one of Baffert's horses has a good chance, but I like Omaha Beach and Maximum Security. It will be exciting no matter what, as it always is. Wish I could be there in person one day!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Fern Thompson wrote: 5 years ago You've brought up a lot of great points about the Derby, Anne! I really think one of Baffert's horses has a good chance, but I like Omaha Beach and Maximum Security. It will be exciting no matter what, as it always is. Wish I could be there in person one day!
I can get on board with Omaha Beach, he's a fantastic horse but Maximum Security I'm not so sold on. He ran great in the Florida Derby but it was just so easy, he got the easy lead he needed but he won't get that in the Derby and I think he'll struggle while Omaha Beach I think could finish strong even without an easy lead.
yeah
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

Arrowfield stud owner John Messara who was on Tv on sat is hoping for a clash in the breeding shed since it didn't happen on the track with their new sire The Autumn Sun who is possibly Redoutes Choice's best son to retire to stud
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Alysse Peverell wrote: 5 years ago Good riddance.
:lol: :!:
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

So many ways you can go with Street Cry as a damsire.

It's interesting to see what they will come up with.