Disqualification

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Gray
Miler

Re: Disqualification

Post by David Gray »

So if West is being petty, what is Bill Nott the derby winners excuse for not sending Country Ho to the Preakness? MS did not win the derby according to the Stewards so he has no obligation to run in the Preakness. On the other hand, Country Ho is the only horse now with a chance to win the triple crown and I believe he owes it to the fans to run in the preakness as long as Country Ho is sound. But he wont run him in the Preakness because he will lose and he will also lose the Belmont because he is not a great horse. He was lucky last weekend and his trainer got the decision over a less well known trainer. Country Ho will never beat MS across the line. Maybe if Bill Nott and Ratt whine enough he can get another win by DQ.
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

It’s Bill Mott and Country House, have some decency and respect for a trainer that is nothing but class and a horse that literally had nothing to do with this.

The horse has a cough and is not well. Mott is doing the right thing by not sending him.

What I find interesting is that MS’s connections are saying the horse wouldn’t cope with the quick turnaround but had he won they would still send him. What for, to lose? I have said it before and I will say it again. The obsession with the Triple Crown in America needs to stop. Sure it’s wonderful when a horse does it but not every horse has to shoot for it. I wonder how many times trainers have sent their horses onto the next triple crown leg knowing that the horse was not nearly fit enough to run.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I am involved in they suggested that there should be a 3-way race between Maximum Security, Country House, and WoW and settle it the old fashioned way.
This sort of tried to happen in 1975. The champion 2yo colt Foolish Pleasure won the Derby, with the two Californians Diablo and Avatar, both leading, severely bumping into each other in the stretch. (I probably remember that only because the classless wife of the owner said in the winner's circle, "Tell those two horses to go back to California." The race is also memorable because the announcer was calling the horse charging from behind as Prince Thou Art. In the final jumps he corrected himself that it was Foolish Pleasure.) The horse from the Louisiana route, Master Derby, was fourth.

Master Derby won the Preakness over Foolish Pleasure. Avatar was fifth.

The Belmont was won by Avatar, and Foolish Pleasure was second and Master Derby third.

So, with three different winners of the TC races, there was talk of a three-way match race. But then there was the undefeated superstar 3yo filly Ruffian, who had swept the Filly Triple Crown. So, when Master Derby and Avatar weren't interested in a match race, it turned into a "Battle of the Sexes" big bruhaha between Foolish Pleasure and Ruffian. (That's back when the general U.S. media paid attention to racing.)

As a 14yo intense racing fan in Colorado, I was so, so excited about that race, which was televised nationally. Of course, anyone who knows racing knows how that turned out. After that, match races lost their appeal.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago It’s Bill Mott and Country House, have some decency and respect for a trainer that is nothing but class and a horse that literally had nothing to do with this.

The horse has a cough and is not well. Mott is doing the right thing by not sending him.

What I find interesting is that MS’s connections are saying the horse wouldn’t cope with the quick turnaround but had he won they would still send him. What for, to lose? I have said it before and I will say it again. The obsession with the Triple Crown in America needs to stop. Sure it’s wonderful when a horse does it but not every horse has to shoot for it. I wonder how many times trainers have sent their horses onto the next triple crown leg knowing that the horse was not nearly fit enough to run.

David... wow, classy.

And I agree with you Carole on a lot of that. First it was the field size but yet he ran 2 soooooo. And there is NO way he wouldn't have sent MS to the Preakness if he had won. I'm quickly losing respect for West over all of this. Getting DQed has to SUCK and nobody is disputing that. But he has a great horse and there are plenty of other races in his career. This continued jumping from one thing to blame and then another does nobody any good!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

I know West is very frustrated but there comes a point when you need to move on. MS has been sent to Monmouth so it is the Haskel for him next.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Kenneth Prater wrote: 4 years ago I know West is very frustrated but there comes a point when you need to move on. MS has been sent to Monmouth so it is the Haskel for him next.
Thanks for that tidbit of information. Monmouth is my home track so I look forward to who else will be coming to run against him.

Just my quick take. The decision should have been made more quickly, it's a foul or not. For me it was obvious and the right decision was made. One cannot put blame anywhere. It's a split second, twitchy sport where jockeys cannot always predict what a horse is going to do at anytime during a race. There are no villains here, it's racing. We say here in the SIM, "the horses aren't real, but the emotions are". Can you imagine the emotions when the racing is real and it's the Kentucky Derby? I don't know how I would react on either side of the decision so these people need to be allowed cope, grieve or celebrate, as best they can.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 4 years ago
Kenneth Prater wrote: 4 years ago I know West is very frustrated but there comes a point when you need to move on. MS has been sent to Monmouth so it is the Haskel for him next.
Thanks for that tidbit of information. Monmouth is my home track so I look forward to who else will be coming to run against him.

Just my quick take. The decision should have been made more quickly, it's a foul or not. For me it was obvious and the right decision was made. One cannot put blame anywhere. It's a split second, twitchy sport where jockeys cannot always predict what a horse is going to do at anytime during a race. There are no villains here, it's racing. We say here in the SIM, "the horses aren't real, but the emotions are". Can you imagine the emotions when the racing is real and it's the Kentucky Derby? I don't know how I would react on either side of the decision so these people need to be allowed cope, grieve or celebrate, as best they can.
I agree with the time part, but watching the stewards announce it it was clearly a very hard decision. I’m sure a couple of reasons it took them so long was fear of backlash, since something this severe has never been done in the derby before, and figuring out where to put MS in the results. Putting him so far back was obviously not what they wanted to do, but the steward looking defeated said they were just following the rules. None of them looked happy with there decision.

I couldn’t imagine being in the stewards’ shoes
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Erin Erskine
Miler

Post by Erin Erskine »

Does that mean no Belmont for MS, either?
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

The derby was stolen. Some think its ok, I do not. Thieves do not deserve respect.
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

I had bet on MS but I also had money on Country House, I wonder if it makes me a thief too, I did take the $534 I won, and ran but didn't get far my wife caught me, and made me give some of it to her.
“I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
-Creed Bratton-
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Garylynn Farms wrote: 4 years ago I had bet on MS but I also had money on Country House, I wonder if it makes me a thief too, I did take the $534 I won, and ran but didn't get far my wife caught me, and made me give some of it to her.
Burst out laughing! Hoping you saved some for the SIM ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

2019 is the year no one really won the Derby. Leave it there and move on, I say.
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

Garylynn Farms wrote: 4 years ago I had bet on MS but I also had money on Country House, I wonder if it makes me a thief too, I did take the $534 I won, and ran but didn't get far my wife caught me, and made me give some of it to her.
Freakin' Hilarious!!!!! :lol:
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown