Disqualification

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Disqualification

Post by Ashley Gibson »

The more I watch the video, the more convinced I am the right call was made. I dont see the non hole you speak of until MS comes over and makes it as such.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

So, I didn't see the Kentucky Oaks and just tonite (Sun) saw the results and write-up. INCREDIBLY, I read that Jaywalk came out of the gate and ran into another filly's lane, causing this filly to clip heels, go down, lose her jockey and suffer an injury, non life threatening and jockey is OK. Jaywalk was disqualified, and rightfully so. HOW DOES THIS DIFFER FROM THE DERBY AND WHY ISNT IT ALL IN THE NEWS TOO????? Because no horse actually fell down???? And don't give me that 'the better horse should have kept his win ' garbage. Otherwise Zenyatta would have been handed her 2nd Breeders Cup win solely because she was better than Blame except for racing luck/happenstance. It just doesn't work that way. And now I also hear the horrible news that Maximum Security's owners are thinking of fighting this in court. Talk about picking the scab. OK, I've vented. :)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Pepper Carol wrote: 5 years ago So, I didn't see the Kentucky Oaks and just tonite (Sun) saw the results and write-up. INCREDIBLY, I read that Jaywalk came out of the gate and ran into another filly's lane, causing this filly to clip heels, go down, lose her jockey and suffer an injury, non life threatening and jockey is OK. Jaywalk was disqualified, and rightfully so. HOW DOES THIS DIFFER FROM THE DERBY AND WHY ISNT IT ALL IN THE NEWS TOO????? Because no horse actually fell down???? And don't give me that 'the better horse should have kept his win ' garbage. Otherwise Zenyatta would have been handed her 2nd Breeders Cup win solely because she was better than Blame except for racing luck/happenstance. It just doesn't work that way. And now I also hear the horrible news that Maximum Security's owners are thinking of fighting this in court. Talk about picking the scab. OK, I've vented. :)
Didn't hear about the getting lawyers involved. Maybe losing twice would be justice served?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Okay so my last comment on this subject because I'm sick of it at this point.lol

I think that the DQ was the correct call. I also think it sucks for the connections of Maximum Security and the connections of Country House. MS had the taste of winning the Derby for a few glorious minutes then got it snatched away. And then Country House wins after things that were of no fault of his own happened but it has to be very bittersweet. People trying to be ugly about/to Flavien or Bill Mott are sickening. Bill Mott has NEVER been anything but the standard that other trainers should aspire to with the way he has carried himself. As far as Flavien, I've met him multiple times, have close friends that are very close friends to him and he is nothing but the kindest guy you will ever meet.

I'm conflicted about all of the media attention this has caused. On one had I'd like to think that maybe people outside of racing will see that at least to a degree racing is trying to care about horse/rider safety. And maybe they will be intrigued enough to give racing a shot. On the other, I'm afraid all the infighting about this will implode the sport. Some of the things I've seen are down right nasty.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

I think the stewards made the right call based on the close up of the horses' legs I saw on NBC. The stewards cannot win for loosing--no matter what the decision, someone's gonna be peeved off, unless there had been a horrible spill. Then you'd have the PETA-kooks all over it.
Max's owner is heading to court. IMO, he should've said to Country House's connections: See you in Baltimore [expletive not typed!]!!
Let's settle this on the racetrack.
https://www.wbal.com/article/387454/2/o ... -preakness

Oh, the president is weighing in as well. :roll: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racin ... h-derby-dq
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Yeah - the president's opinion is very important to me.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

And Bob Baffert also weighed in, and I will offer no opinion here at all. (other than I am glad that the horses were all safe!!)
I'm much more concerned about what has gone on at the Santa Anita track. 23 deaths in a few months. How horrible.
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Corey Lange wrote: 5 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago Here is a really good angled video

https://twitter.com/CarsoniPH/status/11 ... 57730?s=20
Exact same video Bobby just posted. You can’t see the 1 moving out. Yes, the move of the 7 is clear, but that ignores the impact of the 1.
Here’s the link again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci_ychn7ga0 Watch 3:59, before the big swing at the move of the 1.
I'd have to agree. At the 2 min point WoW came out on the 18 and 20 to clear a gap. and then a couple seconds later MS kicked out from the 2 path to about the 5 path and interfered with the 1,18,20.

Stewards defo missed that. WoW should of been dqd to the back of the field too.

I was glad to see Mott get a derby win. Not so glad for the Pratt. But that's life.

MS definitely loves the mud. The Preakness should be interesting. I'd expect the other Mott horse to have a big shot in the Belmont.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

If anyone's interested, I found this ironic article from 2016.
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Country House is out of the Preakness.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

This was a good article!
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-ra ... JNPcP9rYKQ

I heard today that Maximum Security will also not be in the Preakness, and I'm very sad about that. I hope to see him in the Belmont. He's a great horse.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

There won't be any Eclipse Awards handed out at the end of the year. Instead it will be Emmy Awards; they are a better reflection of the daytime soap opera this incident has become. :?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dawn Palka wrote: 5 years ago There won't be any Eclipse Awards handed out at the end of the year. Instead it will be Emmy Awards; they are a better reflection of the daytime soap opera this incident has become. :?
This made me laugh :lol:
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Maximum Security is not going to the Preakness and neither is Country House. At this point I think West is being petty as his appeal was already denied.

I'm so glad none of the horses and jockeys were seriously injured other than possibly a bit spooked by the sudden checks of their speed. In the partnership, I am involved in they suggested that there should be a 3-way race between Maximum Security, Country House, and WoW and settle it the old fashioned way. Since the triple crown will not be won this year.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON