Disqualification

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Disqualification

Post by Erica Olson »

O.M.G.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
David Gray
Miler

Re: Disqualification

Post by David Gray »

More like B.S! One more reason to stop caring about real horse racing.
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

David Gray wrote: 4 years ago More like B.S! One more reason to stop caring about real horse racing.
Maximum Security was the best horse but a foul was clearly committed. Like Mott said, if this would have been a maiden claiming on a weekday, he would have been taken down. I could live with the decision to leave him up if that would have been the case also.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

This was actually a super hard call and Mott had a point, if this was a maiden claimer the winner would come down. He did almost cause a massive pile up but in the end he won comfortably and would have definitely won without impeding the other runners. Plus Country House was not affected. I feel awful for Maximum Security's connections.

The Preakness will be very interesting this year.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

I think the disqualification was just :?
Maximum Security bumped into horses and changed position 2 times in the last turn, resulting in bumping and disturbing other horses -_-'
He even made contact with War of Will's forelegs as he changed position, almost causing a serious accident.
Poor owners, trainer and jockey though... believing you've won the Derby only to find out minutes later you have been disqualified.
Last edited by Sara Julin 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Mint Julep anyone?
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Bumper cars anyone?
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

No question the correct call. I said he was coming down the second it happened.
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

They will be known to me forevermore as Bill Nott and Flavien Rat with their horse Country *
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

Ho
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

What I'm puzzled about is, from the telecast, it sounded like the race was looked at only because Prat claimed foul. And when interviewed shortly after the race, he seemed sort of half-hearted about the interference, like he claimed foul just for the heck of it and really didn't have a strong opinion about being interfered with.

So, if he hadn't bothered claiming foul, would the Stewards have noticed anything amiss? Don't they usually post the objection sign immediately if they notice something during the running that they want to take another look at?
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Feel for people like my sister. Thinking she had won. Only to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Tough way to make a living. And certainly not for the faint of heart.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

FYI, Maximum Security was placed 17th.
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

Regina Moore wrote: 4 years ago What I'm puzzled about is, from the telecast, it sounded like the race was looked at only because Prat claimed foul. And when interviewed shortly after the race, he seemed sort of half-hearted about the interference, like he claimed foul just for the heck of it and really didn't have a strong opinion about being interfered with.

So, if he hadn't bothered claiming foul, would the Stewards have noticed anything amiss? Don't they usually post the objection sign immediately if they notice something during the running that they want to take another look at?
If no one calls a foul, and the stewards think something funny is going on, the "INQUIRY" sign goes up.

We can't know if that would have happened now though. He called the objection.

Flavien's head was turned to the inside. He saw all that mess happening between Maximum Security and #1.

You know, if you finish second, and you even remotely think something funny is going on with the winner, you call that objection.

That's Jockey 101. His instinct kicked in there.

He probably felt a little silly doing it. That's why he didn't look overly excited one way or the other. I mean, it's the Kentucky Derby. No one ever takes down the winner of that race.

But the longer it went on, I thought, "OMG, they're actually thinking about doing this?!"

And they did it. We got to see history being made.
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago FYI, Maximum Security was placed 17th.
That is the part I don't understand. :shock: