Probables for the Preakness

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Corey Lange
Miler

Re: Probables for the Preakness

Post by Corey Lange »

Anne Conradt wrote: 4 years ago War of Will did it.

I cant believe mine floated up to 6/1. Not a bad hit at all. Glad I stayed out of the exotics though ... I truly don't think I would have hit that 10 and 5 behind him.

Felt bad for Bodexpress. But no one was hurt, so that's always a relief.
If only Tyler would have ridden the same race in the Derby. All the drama could have been avoided...
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I feel even worse for Bodexpress knowing that even without a jockey he couldn't keep up with the field :?

War of Will sure is a gutsy horse! You would think the Louisiana and Kentucky Derbies would sour him completely but he just keeps fighting on!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I'll make my pick for the Belmont Stakes after that race has been run.

Then at least I'll have a 50/50 chance of getting it right :?: ;)
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

HAHAHAHAHA I love it! Let the "omg if MS was in the race he would have not won" begin.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago HAHAHAHAHA I love it! Let the "omg if MS was in the race he would have not won" begin.
I agree. It was nice to see a horse than ran the Fairgrounds preps win the Preakness.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

So any predictions on what shocking thing is gonna happen in the Belmont? This is turning out to be an unforgettable triple crown season!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago So any predictions on what shocking thing is gonna happen in the Belmont? This is turning out to be an unforgettable triple crown season!
Wayne Lukas won't find another hopeless nag to enter the race? Would indeed be shocking!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

War of Will is a big, athletic, beautiful horse and how strange to see a son of War Front out of a Sadler's Wells mare win a major dirt race but I am okay with it! I am very glad that Bodexpress didn't injure himself or others during or after the race.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago So any predictions on what shocking thing is gonna happen in the Belmont? This is turning out to be an unforgettable triple crown season!
Well, Vegas is offering a Derby/Preakness proposition bet on the Belmont.

894-1 that the winning horse will

(1) be disqualified and taken down ...

AND

(2) that a jockey will be thrown from a horse within moments of the starting gates opening.

Both things must happen, apparently, in order for you to win.

(I think they should be more specific on that "within moments" thing. Like, say, within 50 feet 'of the starting gate.

I mean, exactly how much time is "within moments"?)

I'm going to go ahead and put $10 on that. $10 to win $8,940? Sure. Why not?

I wonder if they're going to have a prop bet on an Ice Age-type meteor striking Earth the moment the winning horse crosses the finish line?

They say you can bet on anything in Vegas. Apparently, they're right.
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

So i guess drifting all over the track on the turn is not acceptable in the derby, but perfectly acceptable in the straight of the Preakness is? :lol:
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I am very glad that Bodexpress didn't injure himself or others during or after the race.
I agree. Though he ran well, kept his distance. Just wanted to go with the field. The only time I felt it became dangerous was when the rider begun to chase him in the stretch. Seems a clever horse.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 4 years ago So i guess drifting all over the track on the turn is not acceptable in the derby, but perfectly acceptable in the straight of the Preakness is? :lol:
Each state has its own set of racing rules though not sure what horse you are referring to that drifted all over the track.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago [quote="Kaine Saracen" post_id=398253 time=<a href="tel:1558270089">1558270089</a> user_id=7225]
So i guess drifting all over the track on the turn is not acceptable in the derby, but perfectly acceptable in the straight of the Preakness is? :lol:
Each state has its own set of racing rules though not sure what horse you are referring to that drifted all over the track.
[/quote]

Ah you didn’t see that War Of Will was all over the place?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

He didn't wipe out 4 other horses either.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder