RIP John McCririck

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Darren Rook
Miler

RIP John McCririck

Post by Darren Rook »

Great character and will be missed by many. Thoughts go out to his friends & family.

Further Reading:
https://www.attheraces.com/news/2019/Ju ... es-aged-79
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: RIP John McCririck

Post by Stormy Peak »

I enjoyed watching him, always found it interesting how his hands were constantly moving...using that code that the betters used while talking about the odds.

I would have rather watched him (dressed in his heavy looking coat) on any derby over those two air heads they put on the Derby show anymore...the two that don't know anything about horses and just go around wearing their ugly (but they think fashionable) hats/clothes and talk to others about fashion, who has the prettiest silks, and what celebrity they can snag and waste air time talking to about anything other than real reasons to bet on a horse.

At least John McCririck knew real reasons to take a 2nd look at a horse that one might pass up on at first glance.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000