Justify

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Re: Justify

Post by Lee Tuttle »

So a 3yo baffert horse on magical vitamins?
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

The ESPN article, and NYT article for that matter, are both full of inconsistencies and even "facts" that are already coming out to be not fully true. On one hand, I'm happy that this is being made public, but the half-assed way in which the facts are being reported brings into question whether or not there is a bit of an agenda here. We only have a small fraction of the information and lots of people are jumping to conclusions with only one side of the story.

For example, Sam's say's it "must be intentional" but the levels have not been reported anywhere that I have seen. So his claim really means nothing until we know the amount. Also, the claims that Sam's makes about the effects of Scopolamine are a bit unfounded since there isn't actually any evidence that Scopolamine would have those effects and using at such is off-target use (it's an anti-nausea).

I personally am withholding judgment in regards to Baffert/Justify at this point since the evidence is, at best, inconclusive. And the fact that Justify tested negative for Scopolamine (and all other drugs) after all three of his subsequent races (TC races) is at least a positive sign that there may not have been anything .

The CHRB, however, is, and should be, in some heavy *. The fact that this is just now coming out now is pretty shady. They have been caught covering up other issues in the past and are already dealing with a lot of issues in regards to the recent events at SA last meet. If anyone deserves criticism right now it's the CHRB.
I found this on another horse racing forum and think it really says what needs to be said as of right now.
yeah
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

How many sim horses eat the Jimson weed?
My horses have a regular diet of it
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

The person that wrote the NYT article definitely isn't horse racing's biggest fan. He would LOVE if it went extinct.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

I thought I read 300ng/ml
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

Scopalamine is also used to dry secretions as in the airway and also for muscle spasms
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago How many sim horses eat the Jimson weed?
My horses have a regular diet of it

That’s because you live in a weed happy state. Wait so do I.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

https://www.paulickreport.com/horse-car ... race-test/

Scopolamine is an alkaloid present in Jimsonweed, a member of the poisonous plant species, Datura. Jimsonweed infests crop fields throughout North America and around the world. The live plant is associated with a strong odor and bitter taste, and animals tend to avoid its consumption unless other feed sources are unavailable. Scopolamine has been detected in the blood and/or urine of animals having consumed hay containing Jimsonweed, as the odor and bitter taste dissipate during the hay curing process. Symptoms of scopolamine toxicity, as observed in horses having consumed Jimsonweed-contaminated hay, include dilated pupils and intestinal paralysis, and can persist for several days following ingestion.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

You can also get fentanyl in your bloostream from touching it...but is that Realllllly how people that test positive for it get it? Just sayin...
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago You can also get fentanyl in your bloostream from touching it...but is that Realllllly how people that test positive for it get it? Just sayin...
No, that is a myth; your skepticism is warranted. Keep up the good work! 8-)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fenta ... ping-cart/.