Justify

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Justify

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Doug Cuomo
Derby Contender

Re: Justify

Post by Doug Cuomo »

Doesn't look like it.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

Just read about this!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Sure doesn’t seem like it. Dubious af.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Post by Dom Behan »

Dubious actions in horse racing??....whatever next :lol:
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I think I must be missing something. While his win in the Santa Anita Derby was obviously illegitimate this drugs affects go away after 8 hours from what I read online and he didn’t test positive for it during his Triple Crown run so he won the Triple Crown races on his own merit, right? Again I might be missing something but it seems he still was the great horse we thought he was in those 3 races.
yeah
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago I think I must be missing something. While his win in the Santa Anita Derby was obviously illegitimate this drugs affects go away after 8 hours from what I read online and he didn’t test positive for it during his Triple Crown run so he won the Triple Crown races on his own merit, right? Again I might be missing something but it seems he still was the great horse we thought he was in those 3 races.
He shouldn't have qualified for the Derby off an illegitimate Santa Anita Derby. He shouldn't have had the points, and he shouldn't have qualified.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I have a hard time believing that a drug case would ever come to a conclusion in such a short frame of time especially when a second sample is sent off to a lab.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html in 1994 Mandella, Henning and McAnally tested positive for it Feb 27, March 3 and March 9. This article was on March 27, and they were still waiting the results for second lab analysis which was a month after the Feb 27th horse tested positive for it. While yes, this is 2019, lab work still takes time to complete and then they have to do all the other stuff after the results come back as well.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-court-of ... 89876.html
Lady Blessington and Water Prospector are two horses which finished first in races at Santa Anita Race Track on February 27, 1994 and March 9, 1994, respectively.   On April 9, 1994, Top Rung finished second in a race at Santa Anita Race Track.   The California Horse Racing Board (hereinafter CHRB) took from each horse a post-race urine sample which was tested for the presence of foreign substances at a private laboratory.   The laboratory reported that each of the samples contained evidence of the presence of a prohibited drug, scopolamine, a plant alkaloid which is a depressant.   The CHRB, acting through its Board of Stewards, commenced administrative proceedings against the trainers of each of the horses, alleging violations of CHRB rules.1  On October 31, 1994, the stewards found that there had been violations and each trainer was fined.   In addition, acting upon the authority of CHRB rule 1859.5,2 the stewards ordered that each of the horses be disqualified and their owners, respondents herein, were ordered to return the purses earned by their horses.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Nini Hunter wrote: 4 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago I think I must be missing something. While his win in the Santa Anita Derby was obviously illegitimate this drugs affects go away after 8 hours from what I read online and he didn’t test positive for it during his Triple Crown run so he won the Triple Crown races on his own merit, right? Again I might be missing something but it seems he still was the great horse we thought he was in those 3 races.
He shouldn't have qualified for the Derby off an illegitimate Santa Anita Derby. He shouldn't have had the points, and he shouldn't have qualified.
I know that and I agree with that whole heartedly but there were no drugs in his system for the Triple Crown races, were there?
yeah
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago
Nini Hunter wrote: 4 years ago
I know that and I agree with that whole heartedly but there were no drugs in his system for the Triple Crown races, were there?
No. However, since he was DQed from the SA Derby, he was only a maiden/allowance winner so therefore wasn't cool enough to run in the Triple Crown races which is what people are all up in arms about. Still not sure why this was brought up near the end of 2019 and not 2018 when it happened?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

After listening to Steve Haskin this morning, I think this was another animal rights group over reaching. The drug that was in his system is illegal but can be gotten from the environment and sometimes ends up in feed. Nonetheless, it certainly doesn't give good light on our beloved sport.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Kenneth Prater wrote: 4 years ago .. and sometimes ends up in feed.
Which is the main problem, isn't it?
The routines handling drugs for horses being treated should be safe enough not to have it end up in anyones else's food, stable or pastures.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

According to the article, it was deemed that Justify had a higher dose in his system than what you would expect from an accidental dosage.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -drug-test

"The New York Times story says that at the time, sanctions for such a positive called for a disqualification of the horse. The story reports that four months after the positive, the board disposed of the inquiry all together in a closed-door executive session. Rick Baedeker, executive director of the CHRB, said in the story that the regulator moved cautiously because of the likelihood of contamination. He noted that jimson weed can become inadvertently mixed in feed."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.horser ... _facts_123
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

Horse wont eat jimson weed. It is common in the Midwest and grows in pastures all over. I have never heard of jimson weed contaminating feed.
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake