RIP Mongolian Groom

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: RIP Mongolian Groom

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray- ... m-history/

Carol and Tamara, follow the links in the article to see for yourself over two separate dates (so unless the saddle slipped twice...). If you were there, what would you have done? Do you know for sure that none of the individuals that saw this ahead of the race made a report? Do you know for sure that if you had been there and made a report that you would have been able to get the horse scratched where no one else could? Do you know what the veterinary investigation will reveal? Do you know what investigations were done between October 31 and the race? I’m guessing you don’t.

All I was suggesting is that there were people there who thought the horse looked wrong. And the horse most certainly did. It’s possible that racing failed the horse, and it would benefit the industry to know if it did, and if so, how that happened. An investigation into the horse’s pre race vet history alongside the autopsy is a good start, but this goes beyond just who made or did not make a report. Honestly, with movement like that, it shouldn’t take a journalist or another trainer to flag an issue. Track steward can see it.

You can say it’s fake news, hearsay, I made it up, whatever, but there’s enough out there in public discussion I think it’s safe to say none of those accusations hold true. There’s too much evidence ahead of the race to not say Mongolian Groom deserves a thorough investigation.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: RIP Mongolian Groom

Post by Laura Smith »

Oh god he looks way off behind in those videos... found another on xbtv that is longer and no better. Ugh. This sure seems like an awful case of people, and the system, failing a horse, and this particular instance happened to be at the worst possible time and place.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.