Not racing but real life horse story.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Not racing but real life horse story.

Post by Stormy Peak »

Some of you probably already saw this...but I just found it on YouTube.
The fire in California...was approaching a stable, one mare, running loose, turned back towards the fire in order to rescue a foal who happened to be her grand-daughter. The foal's mom, apparently had already been captured and loaded into a trailer.

Here's the footage of the older mare running back to to the foal to bring it away from the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTOxzB7EMFk

Also, in reading the YouTube comments....lol...some people wondered why the mare didn't help the other horse up on the hillock, and I'm guessing it's because she had no connection with that horse. She probably was around that foal and being an old broodmare felt protective of it. ???

I also know that sometimes animals will return to a barn that's on fire, because that is where they feel safe and don't realize they will die in there. But this mare, she just didn't keep going for the barn, she stopped and turned to go the other way as soon as she knew that the foal saw her and would follow, so to me, it's pretty clear she was after that foal and she knew it was safer to head the other way instead of back into the barn...and that had the potential of having that foal follow her there too.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Not racing but real life horse story.

Post by Rochelle Bos »

That’s awesome! I am sure it was maternal instincts, she likely would have done it for any foal. It still warms the heart though!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt