Saturday's Belmont Stakes

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Saturday's Belmont Stakes

Post by Gwayne's World »

Race 10
9 furlongs, dirt

Staying off the obvious favorite, #8 Tiz The Law, at 6/5
and playing these two. Both to win!

#3 Max Player 15/1
#9 Dr Post 5/1
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Saturday's Belmont Stakes

Post by The Steward »

Gawyne,

I had to do a preview of the race for 9 different websites (and simultaneously 14 different Ascot previews). I had to have different selections for each one, but it was always some combo of Tiz the Law (because duh), then hoping you can beat him with Max Player, Dr Post, and the horse I love, Tap It to Win. This is because only 2 favorites have won the Belmont in the last 10 years and 3 in the last 15, so why not try to beat him for fun? That said, this is a very different Belmont than normal, and Tiz the Law should cruise.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Tap It to Win ... sounds like an inappropriate college fraternity game.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

They should be calling it the Belmont Stakette. Don't really understand why they shortened it. the horses are still at their same level of training and racing vs a normal year and should handle the diatance just as well? (IMO)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Gawyne,

I had to do a preview of the race for 9 different websites (and simultaneously 14 different Ascot previews). I had to have different selections for each one, but it was always some combo of Tiz the Law (because duh), then hoping you can beat him with Max Player, Dr Post, and the horse I love, Tap It to Win. This is because only 2 favorites have won the Belmont in the last 10 years and 3 in the last 15, so why not try to beat him for fun? That said, this is a very different Belmont than normal, and Tiz the Law should cruise.
What you are describing in Tiz The Law, is a real life version of Poet's Corner?

I realize you probably can't comment on that.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

#2 Sole Volante---4 for 6. 5 straight 95+ Brisnet speed figs; won a listed stakes at Gulfstream & the Grade 2 Sam Davis at Tampa.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I use a computer program for the bulk of my handicapping.

It has an elimination feature that throws out a horse that has 3 or more negative traits,
for the race in which it is entered.

The only survivor of this process was Tiz The Law. And he had 2 of those negatives.
A 'Chaos' scenario to be sure!

8-9-3-1 were the program picks.

The program itself responds to the data that I want used. So in a sense these would
be my picks with or without the program.

If this was any race other than the Belmont Stakes, I'd be taking a pass on it.
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Gawyne,

I agree with the Steward on Tap It to Win, and on trying to beat the favorite. I was watching when the race ran, and I don't it took that much out of him. Rider didn't ask a lot late in the race, so I think the rest might be perfect. 3rd off the layoff, and he looks set to run a 100 beyer. If he gets out clean from the rail, the one turn is speed favoring enough that I think he could hang on. Although if Fore Left puts pressure on him, as I think he will, he could wane towards the later stages of the race. Fore Left has gone as quick as 22 flat in the first quarter mile in past races, so I expect to see him in contention for the early lead. Dr. Post also interests me. I like that he is cutting back to one turn, even though in terms of distance he is running farther. If both Fore Left and Tap It to Win go to the front, he could sit off a quick pace and get a good setup, although it will be tough, because if Fore Left and Tap It to Win go to the front, then the race will setup beautifully for Tiz the Law as well, and I think Tiz the Law is just better than Dr. Post. I also feel as if Pneumatic is being overlooked a little. The outside post going one turn will only be beneficial to him, and his beyer figures have gone up 5 every race in his career. He was on the rail in his last start in the Matt Winn, and now gets the outside post. Santana will have much more options as to what to do with him in terms of his running style from the outside as well. That's just my two cents on it.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

today is written an ante, and a later on the Triple Crown of North America

historical day that marks a special note on the pages of the Belmont Stakes, as a generation still alive, we have had many natural, and human moments lived during the end of the 20th century, and the beginning of the 21st century, we have even been part of a global pandemic , greater than the one that has lived before, since today it was easier to carry the virus from one place to another

natural phenomena in loc skies moons of bloods, the technology fired in an incredible growth, and a Belmont Stakes in 1 1/8 miles dirt

I thought that the game would have something special, some contest about the Belmont, since it is History this Belmont year 2020

but well, it will happen, I hope that Tiz The Law is the winner to have even more Derby with more flavor, it only remains to wait patiently for the video to be uploaded to YouTube to see who wins, I say it in my case :), I just hope that they do not put the name of the winner in the title of the Video, the fun of watching the video is lost without knowing who won the race
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

I case you didn't see the race, Tiz the Law made the rest of the field look like they were standing still
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

John Christensen wrote: 3 years ago I case you didn't see the race, Tiz the Law made the rest of the field look like they were standing still
Thanks, if I could see the replay on NBC sport, that horse really does look a bit like Justify, if you see the face of Tiz the Law, it has a champion face in my observation

He is a great boy and I think he could win the Triple Crown, too bad that Nadal and Charlatan were not present that competition would have been huge with Nadal participating
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »