Racing Partnerships ~ Are You In One?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Racing Partnerships ~ Are You In One?

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I know many of us are in racing partnerships. I'd love to know which ones we are all involved in since there are so many different ones.

I'll go first. :)

Partnership: Wasabi Ventures Stables

Cost to Join: $25

Tracks: Laurel, Pimlico, Gulfstream, Canterbury, Penn National, Monmouth Park, Colonial Downs, Parx, Charles Town Races, Ellis Park, just added Hawthorn Park.

% of Horses allowed to own: up to 5%

Other offerings: Broodmare*, Foal, Yearling*, and Stallion programs. *(Broodmares and Yearlings have quarterly expenses, but you only pay what your percentage)(My most expensive quarter in Broodmares is the 2nd quarter which makes sense as the mares are usually in foal by then) Allowed in winner's circle for any horse owned by WVS, farm and track visits to see our horses normally quarterly but with covid.. not as common.

Horses I own: 5; Vegan Goes Best (Mark Valeski; Let's Go Vegan-Majestic Perfection), Frost Warrior [homebred](Poseidon's Warrior; Frost Princess-Walquoit), Russian Melody (Maclean's Music; Precise Touch-Touch Gold); Broodmare: Stargate (Mineshaft; Stellar-Grand Slam); Foal: Flame Away-Mission Good Karma

Biggest Return: $172

Inclusiveness: WVS' owner TK is as transparent as possible when it comes to the horses and why he may do one thing over another. The whole group tries to make it more like a big family instead of individuals owning horses.

Link: https://www.wasabistables.com/ (if you join us please use this link so I can get the referral bonus) ;)
Last edited by Alyssa Lapa 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Racing Partnerships ~ Are You In One?

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Club: Century Horse Racing Club
Cost: I think it is $200/y for earlybird and $300/y regular
Tracks: Century Mile, and Century Downs
Other Offerings: nothing really, we get to cheer on our horses and have pictures in the paddock when it's not year of the covid...Our club is mostly claim game type stuff, but we got a filly last year who ran well in some stakes races, we own her 2yo full brother as well!
Horses I own: https://www.cnty.com/racingclub/horses/
Biggest Return: Last year we each made over $600 from Whoopie and Zucchini (who got claimed at the end of last year)
Inclusiveness: We got to choose the name for Whoopie (Whoop It Up)'s brother, who is now registered as Whoop There It Is! We are also allowed in the barns to visit our horses
Link: https://www.cnty.com/racingclub/
(There is actually a picture of me on the site :P In the carousel at the bottom, 5th grey button. I am the person wearing the baby holding the camera getting some love from Whoopie <3 )
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I’m in on Frost Warrior with you so, no more needs said?
yeah
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

I am a client of a fractional ownership group for standardbreds https://thestable.ca/. They have over 800 clients worldwide and have everything from broodmares and foals, to yearlings and aged racehorses. I'm currently in on a couple two year olds and a three year old. Will be looking to get in on a few yearlings after the upcoming sales. Been a fun experience.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Club: MyRacehorse (MRH)

Cost: One time fee per horse (includes the cost of the horse, variable prepaid training fees. and a small management fee).

Tracks: All over North America

Horses I Own: Currently only Nobel Goddess

Biggest Return: For me personally, my horse broke her maiden which was cool. She's kinda slow though so she hasn't done much else. I've also been able to be in winners circle photos with MRH a handful of times with other horses they own. The partnership just won the Kentucky Derby though which is cool. Tough to top that.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Jim Hoffman
Two Year Old

Post by Jim Hoffman »

Uptowncharlybrown Stud LLC

I'm in on several mares, and wind up campaigning most of the foals on the track, though occasionally they are sold at a 2yo in training sale. Given the name of the group, I think it's pretty evident who we breed most of our mares to! :)

With rare exceptions, we race in Pennsylvania--primarily at Parx Racing. The idea is to take advantage of the breeder's awards (which we get when the horse runs 1-2-3, even if the horse is claimed away from us, as long as the race is in PA).

My best horse (Wait For It) won the Storm Cat Stakes at Parx Racing and the Hard Spun Stakes at Presque Isle Downs this fall. By the way, his dam was a very modest claimer in her racing days; her highest level win was at the 7500N3L class.
Stephen Mcewan
Two Year Old

Post by Stephen Mcewan »

yes i,m involved with 4 small syndicate interests, just passed this link , been involved in one since a foal and one being trained for the jumps the other two are handicappers. i'm new here two weeks so nice to meet you
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Jim Hoffman wrote: 3 years ago Uptowncharlybrown Stud LLC

I'm in on several mares, and wind up campaigning most of the foals on the track, though occasionally they are sold at a 2yo in training sale. Given the name of the group, I think it's pretty evident who we breed most of our mares to! :)

With rare exceptions, we race in Pennsylvania--primarily at Parx Racing. The idea is to take advantage of the breeder's awards (which we get when the horse runs 1-2-3, even if the horse is claimed away from us, as long as the race is in PA).

My best horse (Wait For It) won the Storm Cat Stakes at Parx Racing and the Hard Spun Stakes at Presque Isle Downs this fall. By the way, his dam was a very modest claimer in her racing days; her highest level win was at the 7500N3L class.
Awww I used to write a bunch of articles for them/about them! I'm out of the writing business now though.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Yes, MRH here and sometimes I do overseas partnerships because I like turf horses. I have someone sending PMs about getting a partnership going to buy mares for a horse that MRH retired and sold as a stallion, but we'll see.
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

I’m in the ed Dunlop racing club
Share in 2 horses
Society lion-2 wins this year
Citizen general- 2 wins this year most recently Sunday by 11 Lengths
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Great results ! John
Good luck going forward.

I was in one club run by a former Simster. The less said, the better.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I'm own a share in all the active (40+ currently) MyRacehorse horses. Been having a blast since 2019 with all the action and excitement. (Like I've had with the SIM since 2009.) Last spring I moved from Colorado to Kentucky, so I'm enjoying it even more to actually attend races and other events in person.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

This post starting up again made me realize that the Century Horse Racing Club has started up again After the COVID shut dow …If only I had $325 to participate again 😭
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt