What is your role in the racing industry?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Re: What is your role in the racing industry?

Post by Mary Whalen »

I've done some stints with TVG. Worked for the call center for three summers in college. Then helped with their booth at Equestricon when it was in Louisville. Most of my current involvement is as a fan and terrible handicapper since my hands on horse revolves around hunters now. And benefitting when TVG has events at Keeneland since my sister who works for TVG usually invites me to come along if the send her to them.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Nebo finally broke her maiden today in an absolute bumper car race. Her trainer finally put her on the grass. Seems all the horses are OK thank god. Race 8 at Belmont. I don't own even one hair, but I do have some of the breeder award.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

My role is that I now make Tik Tok videos for DRF. Also a bunch of other stuff, but I feel like this is all I do now. Sigh.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago My role is that I now make Tik Tok videos for DRF. Also a bunch of other stuff, but I feel like this is all I do now. Sigh.
Do you at least get to be hip with the kids while doing it?
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

I can empathise since I post horsesracing content on social media. You spend what feels like far too long looking at it, double checking it, and wondering if the wording is just right, My boss corrected me recently when I said x horse now had three wins from 4 starts when x horse has also raced in another country, I'm sure videos are far far worse.

My role in horseracing is strange and complicated these days. I used to work as a groom/trackrider from about 2004-2010 until a bad knee and shoulder slowed me down.
Now I work part time in retail and part time doing racing things on social media. My main role is posting racing results on twitter but I also work marketing New Zealand bred winners on social media from Hong Kong and Singapore on the weekends usually with a emphasis on how cheaply they were bought in NZ.
Then posting links on twitter and facebook to our racing news articles when released on Sundays, these require one line about the article which will make readers want to click on the link, I spend a looooong time trying to figure out the best way to write that one line!
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Jonathan Fisher
Classic Contender

Post by Jonathan Fisher »

Worked in horse racing since 2013 started race riding around 6 years ago slowly getting more opportunities ridden 35 winners to date work with horses all day then to relax I work with virtual horses on here haha
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

When I lived in Florida I was a volunteer farm hand at a thoroughbred retirement facility for about 3 years and did everything from caring and training horses to networking for the founder at shows like the RRP Makeover and similar shows in Florida to even developing ads and using social media to get attention to horses ready for adoption.

These days I'm part of a partnership and own a 1% stake in a promising filly.

In the future I'd like to own my own rehabilitation center for all racing equines from stock breeds to thoroughbreds and everything in between.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON