R.I.P. Järvsöfaks...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

R.I.P. Järvsöfaks...

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Today is a very sad day. One of the greatest racehorses has been put down due to old age. But who was Järvsöfaks?

A bit of harnessracing history in Sweden, Norway and Finland:
Harnessracing with trotters is a big thing in Sweden, Norway and Finland. It's unique due to the width among the trainers. It started out as funny races with the horses from church at sundays. It was not racehorses, but the horses used in theese races were everyday workinghorses. As you all know, winter is cold in theese countries, and as an addition to races from church, the farmers started to race on ice. Still, there were workinghorses, used in the forest and the fields. The most commonly used horses were the swedish, norweigan and finnish cold blood-horses. (In sweden we call them north-swedish horses)

As time got by, the races became more important and the farmers started to breed the fastes horses. Now, the breed Northswedish horses are divided into two breeds. One heavier type used as traditional workinghorses, and one lighter type used for racing. Actually, up to pretty recent, the trotterstallions had to pass a test in pulling logs before the could go into breeding.

In Sweden, Norway and Finland, we still race theese "cold blood-trotters". Racing with standardbreds are more common, but the coldblooded trotters are still common, especially in the northern parts of the countries.

Järvsöfaks was the best horse in history. He ran the amazingly amount of 234 races and he won 204 of them. During 2003-2005 he won 42 races in a row. He won the swedish championship 10 times (the latest when he was 15 y old, beating 5 of his own sons!). He won "Elitkampen" (equivalent to Elitloppet for coldbloods) 5 years in a row. He still has the world record time 1.17,9 over 1640 meters (since 2005!). He got the award "Swedish horse of the year 3 times, and swedish coldblood of the year 12 times!
As a sire, he has so many offsprings including Hallsta Lotus, Åkres Lurifax, Faksen JR and Fakse. All of them sires of their own. To translate the impact in the racing and breeding of coldblooded trotters into "simlanguage"- compare him to The Visionary ;)

Beside his trottingcareer, he has been a great ambassador for the sport. Ask any swede (and probably norweigan to), all know who Järvsöfaks was. He has joined the royal mounted guards as a guest- ridden through the streets of Stockholm.

If you want to know more, here is a link in english about this amazing horse! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4rvs%C3%B6faks

R.I.P Järvsöfaks, you will be greatly missed!

Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: R.I.P. Järvsöfaks...

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I have been bummed out about this all day. He lived in my town, and I had hopes of visiting him sometime, though Covid seemed to put a stop to their open house stuff. He was my hero when I was a kid, and I got to pet him once when he visited a local fair. What a legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fCSH-x9KCY him setting the world record for draft trotters, in case anybody is curious to see for themselves.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 3 years ago I have been bummed out about this all day. He lived in my town, and I had hopes of visiting him sometime, though Covid seemed to put a stop to their open house stuff. He was my hero when I was a kid, and I got to pet him once when he visited a local fair. What a legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fCSH-x9KCY him setting the world record for draft trotters, in case anybody is curious to see for themselves.
Oh, that gave me goosebumps.... <3

Found another video, from the "Swedish Hall Of Fame" for trotters. Sorry, only in swedish... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFO4RMTFzKA
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Ah geez, that's going to make me cry :'D
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

yeah even I remember him
especially since he kept beating upon the best of the norwegian cold bloods
I remembeer being so happy everytime a nowegian horse beat him mostly because it did not happen very often
and we had some really good ones att the timee which speaks even more to how good Jærvsø actually was

you were so good even us norwegians will miss you
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

What a handsome animal! It’s always sad to lose the great ones.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)