Tapeta Surface

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Tapeta Surface

Post by Jack Christensen »

Turfway Park recently changed their typical synthetic surface to Tapeta. Other tracks like Golden Gate and Woodbine use this surface. I want to hear your all's opinions on this surface, especially someone's opinion who works in the racing industry who knows this surface well. Does it play faster or slower? Turfway has said the track is going to play really fair, but how true does that seem to you all?
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Tapeta Surface

Post by Cleo Patra »

I don’t have any experience with this particular surface but my experience with many and varied surfaces tells me three things:
1) some horses will love it and some will hate it, no matter what
2) the surface will *probably* play fair initially but give it a season or two and it will start developing bias either through weather or maintenance. Even though it’s all weather the temperature and what not will still change the surface.
3) there will probably still be wet trackers and dry trackers because water on the surface changes things whether it’s an AW track or not. My own experience in sand and AW on a soaked track is usually a strong leader bias develops. If it’s just damp and not soaked it can help the closers.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)