Goldikova

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Goldikova

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I saw the news that Goldikova has died at 16. It's a weird feeling to realize that the horses who were my racing heroes, who got me through my rough teenage years, are getting to be "that" age. :(
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Goldikova

Post by Lori Hamill »

So sorry to hear this. Seems like just yesterday watching her in her Breeder's Cup wins. :-(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

So young. : (

I was fortunate enough to see her win her 2009 BC race.

I was in a 2 seat boxseat space with a friend of mine. Our seats were on the top row of the boxseat area and the jumbotron was just in front of us, but a little to the left...so we had a great view of the homestretch.

It was amazing watching Goldikova run her race. It was also, almost heart stopping, watching the other great mare that day, Zenyatta finding her way from the back of the pack to the front to win the Classic.
It was truly a great day in horse racing, especially for the mares.

Rest in Peace Goldikova and my condolences to those who worked with her and loved her.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 3 years ago I saw the news that Goldikova has died at 16. It's a weird feeling to realize that the horses who were my racing heroes, who got me through my rough teenage years, are getting to be "that" age. :(
My thoughts exactly, Lily. This loss really stung for me.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Goldikova was such a special mare, what a sad and tragic loss this is. Some horses just have that aura about them that makes you feel like they’ll be around forever, she was one of those horses.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Does anyone here know cause of death, there seems to be no mention of it in any reports I've read. Sixteen is not an old horse and I know she was not pregnant at the time so foaling complications is out.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago Does anyone here know cause of death, there seems to be no mention of it in any reports I've read. Sixteen is not an old horse and I know she was not pregnant at the time so foaling complications is out.
I think I read somewhere it was cardiac arrest
Mara Jade Vess
Miler

Post by Mara Jade Vess »

Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago Does anyone here know cause of death, there seems to be no mention of it in any reports I've read. Sixteen is not an old horse and I know she was not pregnant at the time so foaling complications is out.
Her trainer suspects a heart attack/burst artery, mentioned here
At Stud
Chuck Tingle – DR
$7,500
Dream All Day – DR
$12,500

Coming Soon
Y59: Sunrise inthe Dawn – AWR
Y60: Faded Memory – DR

A Complete Historical Guide to the Louisville Derby