Baffert Strikes again....

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Baffert Strikes again....

Post by Dave Trainer »

Not exactly off the hook because the horse should still be disqualified from the Derby and Baffert should still get banned. Its difficult to bar the horse from the Preakness while the inquiry is still ongoing.

A trainer is responsible for any treatment the horse gets so saying he didn't know is no defence. He must have realised he would look incompetent if he stuck to the "an intruder must have doped the horse" defence so he had to come up with a different one.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Make education compulsory on how to avoid contamination of medical substances for anyone wishing to have a trainer's license, or working with competing horses. Ignorance can't continue to be an excuse.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I mean it would be one thing if this was his first positive and immediately upon hearing the news he looked at the horses record to figure out what happened and came out from the beginning saying this happened, it's on him for not being more careful and he'll take full responsibility for the consequences. But 1 he's had a string of positives, you'd think if he cared at all about racing integrity he would take steps to make sure this sort of thing didn't continue to happen, but why would he of course when he keeps getting let go with no real punishment. And 2 his first response was to spend the next 24 hours telling everyone that would listen how he was completely innocent, framed and set up by cancel culture.

It's long past time some racing authority have the balls to say the rules apply to famous trainers also.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

David Gray wrote: 2 years ago Hes a cheater and he deserves and needs to be canceled. Long overdue. I cant believe he went on the the faux channel that spreads misinformation and defends insurrectionists to blame it on cancel culture.
When was he on CNN ?
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago I mean it would be one thing if this was his first positive and immediately upon hearing the news he looked at the horses record to figure out what happened and came out from the beginning saying this happened, it's on him for not being more careful and he'll take full responsibility for the consequences. But 1 he's had a string of positives, you'd think if he cared at all about racing integrity he would take steps to make sure this sort of thing didn't continue to happen, but why would he of course when he keeps getting let go with no real punishment. And 2 his first response was to spend the next 24 hours telling everyone that would listen how he was completely innocent, framed and set up by cancel culture.

It's long past time some racing authority have the balls to say the rules apply to famous trainers also.
Well his very first response was speculating that a sick groom peed on some hay that Medina ate. It would be funny if he wasn't always trying to make everybody else look like a fool. If his legacy doesn't take a serious hit, then we truly are all fools. Just like in the Barry Bonds era, I feel sorry for all of the others that do their best and fall short because they aren't (and would never consider) cheating.
Last edited by Dan Gordon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

T.D. Palm wrote: 2 years ago
David Gray wrote: 2 years ago Hes a cheater and he deserves and needs to be canceled. Long overdue. I cant believe he went on the the faux channel that spreads misinformation and defends insurrectionists to blame it on cancel culture.
When was he on CNN ?
He was every where.lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

"Well his very first response was speculating that a sick groom peed on some hay that Medina ate. "
But, yet, he was all over the news after Justify and Gamine's drug problems bout how he's going to tighten everything up in his barn and educate everyone on how to be super careful. So saying 'someone peed in the hay' is only admitting he failed in this education.
I think the one who really needs some more education is the poor vet who prescribed the Otomax for the horse's skin condition. It has betamethasone in it and its common knowledge in the medical field that a skin ointment ( or in this case an ear ointment for dogs) can become systemic in the body. And, by the way, in no way a performance enhancing amount. Otomax is an Rx product and needed to be prescribed by a vet, altho that doesn't say it was Rx'd specifically for Medina Spirit, in which case vet is off the hook and Baffert and his crew are back on.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Pepper Carol wrote: 2 years ago "Well his very first response was speculating that a sick groom peed on some hay that Medina ate. "
But, yet, he was all over the news after Justify and Gamine's drug problems bout how he's going to tighten everything up in his barn and educate everyone on how to be super careful. So saying 'someone peed in the hay' is only admitting he failed in this education.
I think the one who really needs some more education is the poor vet who prescribed the Otomax for the horse's skin condition. It has betamethasone in it and its common knowledge in the medical field that a skin ointment ( or in this case an ear ointment for dogs) can become systemic in the body. And, by the way, in no way a performance enhancing amount. Otomax is an Rx product and needed to be prescribed by a vet, altho that doesn't say it was Rx'd specifically for Medina Spirit, in which case vet is off the hook and Baffert and his crew are back on.
Not to mention it can also be injected. His cult wants to spout "ITS JUST AN OINTMENT!' to the high heaven like that is all it is. I also saw where in Nov. I think it was that he said he was taking more personal accountability AND hiring a vet just for his barn to prevent stuff like this from happening. Turns out shockingly he was full of it and the vet was never hired.lol
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

Another part that galls me is the double standard. If a low level trainer did this 29 times, well, he wouldn't be around after the third time. Baffert is like a bank that is too large to fail. Because he is one of the faces of the industry, they don't want to dole out the hard punishment of banishment. When, oddly, cleaning up the game may be better for it in the long run - like getting rid of steroids in baseball. BTW, I was pleasantly suprised to see that NBC actually tackled the issue head on in the pre-show to the Preakness and didn't just sweep it under the rug.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I believe there are a lot of ' low level ' trainers out there with 30 * violations. they're just not newsworthy to the public/media. From personal experience, some of these 'violators' consider themselves honest and its only 'the other guy' who's 'cheating' or 'abusing' his horses.
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

74 equine fatalities since 2000. That's 3.5/year!!! Ouch!! I used to admire him as a trainer, am beginning to realize he is so much part of the problem, just another pins and needles trainer. It tarnishes everything his champion horses have accomplished.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown