Medina Spirit Dies

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Medina Spirit Dies

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

This is Bob's doing and the dude should pay the price
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Medina Spirit Dies

Post by Ren Marston »

Holy crap.
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I feel so gutted for the poor horse. May he rest in peace, no one can deny he had the grit and heart of a champion.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 2 years ago This is Bob's doing and the dude should pay the price
In the court of public opinion, he is.
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

True, but what sucks is animal activists and a dying sport that I love. He makes it worse and needs to go away
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Sad news for everyone and for the sport
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

F'ing Baffert...
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

That poor horse. Baffert needs to go. Medina Spirit was such a game horse; I can not believe it ended for him in this fashion.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Darcy McBride wrote: 2 years ago That poor horse. Baffert needs to go. Medina Spirit was such a game horse; I can not believe it ended for him in this fashion.
agreed, I think most people agree he needs to go or at least I'd hope so; he makes the entire industry look like *...
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Post by Nick Shredder »

One of the guys who works for me has a last name of Medina. I have been talking to him about this horse since he won the Robert Lewis. Started getting him into horse racing. Pretty sure he won't watch horse racing anymore now. Good job Bob.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

While I’m not a Baffert supporter, can we at least wait until the autopsy is in before we hang the guy?
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

The horse already test positive for steroids, he was suspended and a BS story gets him out of that. Now the horse dies. The math doesn't add up
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago While I’m not a Baffert supporter, can we at least wait until the autopsy is in before we hang the guy?
https://t.co/znZGbEdDCL

Bob had a spike of cardiac-related deaths in his barn several years ago. Yes, people are innocent until proven guilty, but where there's smoke, there's usually fire. Especially if the place has burned before.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 2 years ago The horse already test positive for steroids, he was suspended and a BS story gets him out of that. Now the horse dies. The math doesn't add up
I am no fan of Bob Baffert but it has been scientifically proven that his explanation about the skin ointment is correct . So technicaaly it is his vet who is responsible for the [positive test and really should have known better.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

LA Pepper wrote: 2 years ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 2 years ago The horse already test positive for steroids, he was suspended and a BS story gets him out of that. Now the horse dies. The math doesn't add up
I am no fan of Bob Baffert but it has been scientifically proven that his explanation about the skin ointment is correct . So technicaaly it is his vet who is responsible for the [positive test and really should have known better.
Completely irrelevant, its the trainers responsibility.