KY Derby/Oaks Favorites

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Re: KY Derby/Oaks Favorites

Post by LA Pepper »

I thought that was damn good training and one super brave horse to take all those directions and go for it down the stretch. The outrider incident detracted a little of my estimation of the horse, but he is in fact a horse and they act like that sometimes. I'm amazed the poor outrider didn't catch unfair national/PETA like flak for his rough behaviour with the horse, but personally, if I was that outrider, I would have smacked the horse over his head with a crop and probably lost the rest of my career.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’m going to hell anyways but I yelled “punch him” at the tv. Lol that poor pony too
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago
David Gray wrote: 1 year ago Most disappointing Derby in my lifetime. Its a sad day when a maiden claimer with absolutely zero training and manners wins the most historic race in the US. If you cant train a horse to not savage another repeatedly, the sentence says it all, you cant train a horse. Very slow time. Horse racing is dying!
Very slow time? Rich Strike was faster than both Justify AND American Pharoah in the previous Kentucky Derby's x'D
Such slow NAGS those two Triple Crown winners were (IRONY).
Weather does play apart tho
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago
Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago
David Gray wrote: 1 year ago Most disappointing Derby in my lifetime. Its a sad day when a maiden claimer with absolutely zero training and manners wins the most historic race in the US. If you cant train a horse to not savage another repeatedly, the sentence says it all, you cant train a horse. Very slow time. Horse racing is dying!
Very slow time? Rich Strike was faster than both Justify AND American Pharoah in the previous Kentucky Derby's x'D
Such slow NAGS those two Triple Crown winners were (IRONY).
Weather does play apart tho
It sure does. Rich Strike ran on a fast track, just like American Pharoah, and he ran 0,6 sec faster than AP.
He also ran faster than California Chrome on the same surface, about 1 sec faster. So. No need to call Rich Strike VERY SLOW xD
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

What a story it would be if he ends up like American Pharoah
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago What a story it would be if he ends up like American Pharoah
:roll: That he was the best colt of his generation in the triple crown
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Lol yea 🤣
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Lol yea 🤣
:P
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago What a story it would be if he ends up like American Pharoah
Or Canonero II
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago
Or Canonero II
The history of Cañonero II is that it was a North American horse that was given in a bonus for the purchase of a mare, or cost $2.5k taken to South America

a group of crazy owners, jockey and trainer, dreamed of competing in the Derby, since Cañonero II had a quota to participate in the Derby, so they went out in search of the dream, nobody believed in them, not even those from their country, who did not They took care to send the way to transmit the races, that's how those crazy people arrived, and Cañonero II in his own land was the best in the 1971 Derby, the invader came to get the Glory, but he was an American horse, but the group who arrived there as if thrown from a plane, they came to live, a dream that came true, Sonny Leon Jockey of Rich Strike is from the same nation as the Cañonero II group

he won two of the three gems he lost the last one arriving in 4th position, but an injury to his front leg did not help the horse to be at his best, perhaps he would have managed to win the Triple or perhaps get closer

something curious that happened is that a person wanted to enter the track and they did not let him, and he tried to enter and they did not allow him, until someone came and said, let him pass that is the horse trainer hahaha, nobody knew them
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

The old days make ya laugh!!
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Nini Hunter wrote: 1 year ago I can't believe the negativity surrounding this from some people. His trainer, Eric Reed, lost 23 horses in a barn fire in 2016, and now he's a Derby winner. It's like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Amazing story, amazing ride by Sonny Leon. Rich Strike ran a sneaky good race in the Jeff Ruby Steaks to be third, so it's not as though he had zero form. Additionally, it was on polytrack, so we have not even seen him on dirt since he was a 2 year old. There was plenty of room for improvement. Was it improbable? Absolutely. Downright impossible, almost. But that's the kind of thing that makes the game great - anyone can do it, on any given Saturday.
Couldn't have said it better Nini!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner