KY Derby/Oaks Favorites

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: KY Derby/Oaks Favorites

Post by Louise Bayou »

Anyone but the ex Baffert runners especially owned by Zedan.

But I would LOVE to see Mandy Pope get a Derby win. Or Crown Pride! So its longshots Charge It and Crown Pride for me today.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I haver no idea who's running but I already love the name 'Charge It' so that's my choice !
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

epicenter, white abarrio exacta box!! Just in case White Abarrio can't pass him
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

What a upset in the derby! Rich Strike, from post 21. Impressive.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Wow
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Im so mad LOL I was joking about putting a WPS on Rich Strike because I fed Keen Ice a mint and he didnt eat my hand but did I bet him? NO! But congratulations to Rich Strike and to his sire, Keen Ice!!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

HAHAHAHA That was amazing.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I keep watching the replay of the overhead view and just laughing in disbelief and awe.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Impressive to me was at one point Rich Strike was jammed pretty tight between horses. With his relatively light experience, a lesser horse would have backed out. Bravo to him for forging ahead.
Congrats to all of his connections!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 1 year ago Impressive to me was at one point Rich Strike was jammed pretty tight between horses. With his relatively light experience, a lesser horse would have backed out. Bravo to him for forging ahead.
Congrats to all of his connections!
I thought the same thing. Both he and the jock had no fear and just went for it with hesitation. Brilliant!
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

Most disappointing Derby in my lifetime. Its a sad day when a maiden claimer with absolutely zero training and manners wins the most historic race in the US. If you cant train a horse to not savage another repeatedly, the sentence says it all, you cant train a horse. Very slow time. Horse racing is dying!
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

David Gray wrote: 1 year ago Most disappointing Derby in my lifetime. Its a sad day when a maiden claimer with absolutely zero training and manners wins the most historic race in the US. If you cant train a horse to not savage another repeatedly, the sentence says it all, you cant train a horse. Very slow time. Horse racing is dying!
Hot takes like this and the ridiculous gate keeping by the industry is why racing is dying.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Its a great day for racing when the big owners and trainers don't win. It gives everyone hope they can own or train a Derby winner.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Considering your last two TC winners were slower by almost and over a second...

;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I can't believe the negativity surrounding this from some people. His trainer, Eric Reed, lost 23 horses in a barn fire in 2016, and now he's a Derby winner. It's like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Amazing story, amazing ride by Sonny Leon. Rich Strike ran a sneaky good race in the Jeff Ruby Steaks to be third, so it's not as though he had zero form. Additionally, it was on polytrack, so we have not even seen him on dirt since he was a 2 year old. There was plenty of room for improvement. Was it improbable? Absolutely. Downright impossible, almost. But that's the kind of thing that makes the game great - anyone can do it, on any given Saturday.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"