KY Derby/Oaks Favorites

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

KY Derby/Oaks Favorites

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Just curious which horses everyone is supporting.

I personally love Barber Road just for his goofy personality.

I am actually more excited for the Oaks than the Derby; is it just me? Secret Oath is my favorite but I also like Nest.

Thoughts?
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: KY Derby/Oaks Favorites

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Corniche would have won easy but to bad good old Bob blew that one
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Corniche would have won easy but to bad good old Bob blew that one
He went straight to the farm after the Breeder's Cup though for vacation and hasn't even come back to the track yet. Even if he was still with Bob, he wasn't going to win without racing as a 3yo lol.

That being said my picks are Nest and Messier BUT I'd be okay with Echo Zulu or Secret Oath winning as well as Crown Pride/Taiba/Charge It/Zandon
Last edited by Nena Olson 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

They took all the horse points away lol crazy

I'm still unsure on who I'm taking in Oaks so I'll post later
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago They took all the horse points away lol crazy

Yea but had he not gone to the farm, he could have pulled a Messier or Taiba and ran in a final prep race with a different trainer and got in, had he won/placed.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Kathleen O for me she is a great runner, I thought she could go against the boys she is my girl for the Oaks

White Aborio I think it is a runner with claws and great heart will be felt from the final turn.

Simplification A second option both like me for the Derby
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago They took all the horse points away lol crazy

Yea but had he not gone to the farm, he could have pulled a Messier or Taiba and ran in a final prep race with a different trainer and got in, had he won/placed.
Not with the Bob name on it he wasted going no where near the derby
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

The controversy would have been real even with another trainer
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago
Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago

Not with the Bob name on it he wasted going no where near the derby
What? It would be the exact same situation as Messier and Taiba... you do realize they were trained by Bob, and Messier got all of his stakes earnings before the SA Derby with Bob, up until they switched for the SA Derby, yea? Messier's graded stakes earnings were counted aka all the earnings he received under Baffert's training when it was deciding his KY Derby spot on the list with his 40 points. Corniche would have been the same way. Lets say Corniche went to the Arkansas Derby and ran 2nd. He would have had his 40 points from the Arkansas Derby and they would have used his combined graded stakes earnings (Juvenile included) to decide the 'tie breaker' for where he stood among the 40 point earners (as there were multiple)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

I feel corniche would have won easy that's the difference but everyone had there own opinion
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Hazel Anthony wrote: 1 year ago Just curious which horses everyone is supporting.

I am actually more excited for the Oaks than the Derby; is it just me? Secret Oath is my favorite but I also like Nest.

Thoughts?
I'm with you! The Oaks is going to be LIT. I love Secret Oath, but I also feel like Kathleen O has a pretty good shot... Nest is fancy too... HOW DO I CHOOSE?!
My Derby pick is Zandon 😍
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 1 year ago
Hazel Anthony wrote: 1 year ago Just curious which horses everyone is supporting.

Thoughts?
I'm with you! The Oaks is going to be LIT. I love Secret Oath, but I also feel like Kathleen O has a pretty good shot... Nest is fancy too... HOW DO I CHOOSE?!
My Derby pick is Zandon 😍
I love Zandon! His color😍
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Secret Oath won :D
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Thoughts?
Secret Oath 1st and Nest 2nd! Let's see if I can keep my winning streak going with the Derby. :lol:

My favorites are Zandon and Barber Road but I also think Epicenter has a good chance. It will probably end up being Messier or Taiba though.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago Secret Oath won :D
Don't mind me over here celebrating... :lol:
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS