KY Derby/Oaks Favorites

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: KY Derby/Oaks Favorites

Post by Louise Bayou »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
David Gray wrote: 1 year ago Most disappointing Derby in my lifetime. Its a sad day when a maiden claimer with absolutely zero training and manners wins the most historic race in the US. If you cant train a horse to not savage another repeatedly, the sentence says it all, you cant train a horse. Very slow time. Horse racing is dying!
Hot takes like this and the ridiculous gate keeping by the industry is why racing is dying.
100% agree with you Carole. The horse made the field (yes I know due to a scratch) so he deserved to be there. He wasn't some 5k claimer from Evangeline Downs for goodness sakes. As far as him showing his butt with the pony well he is a high strung TB stallion on what is probably the most stressful day of his life.... Maybe you could get a job training horses and show them how its done. While you are at it call Spendthrift and tell them how to handle Bolt D' Oro too because they have had the best in the country trying to figure him out.lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Nobody seemed to care when Maximum Security won and he was in a maiden claimer... Charismatic also was in a maiden claimer. As for bad manners, War Emblem wasn't exactly a gentleman.

Rich Strike was absolutely training fantastic all week so just cus YOU say he had zero training doesn't mean he had zero training. Not like he was pulled from a field and entered lol

✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

David Gray wrote: 1 year ago Most disappointing Derby in my lifetime. Its a sad day when a maiden claimer with absolutely zero training and manners wins the most historic race in the US. If you cant train a horse to not savage another repeatedly, the sentence says it all, you cant train a horse. Very slow time. Horse racing is dying!
Not to sound snarky... But.. When you've successfully handled a colt who is at peak fitness and hopped up on adrenaline, then you can judge that horse's behavior.

Yesterday's Derby probably did more for horse racing than a race has done in a long time.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

What this race showed me was this 3 year old crop isn't that good and the best horse stayed home. Time will tell if rich strike is any good
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

I think winning the biggest horse race automatically makes that horse “good”
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

from the short time of watching horse races :) I have learned that anything can happen that the favorite wins, as well as that he loses

The Kentucky Derby is a lottery as the group that faces many of them have been great runners in one place, and they still have to face a new track, weather, condition, exhaustion etc many factors starting position, and incidents along the way of the tour

but yesterday it was impossible for the Rich Strike S Leon team to lose the Derby it was written somewhere in history

when I saw the Replay for the first time, I focused on White Abarrio, the horse at the moment of the jump is very moved by Tyler, it seemed strange to me that he looked for his horse so much at the beginning, I imagine that trying to locate him near the leaders, the horse could never go beyond where it was located from the beginning

already knowing the result, I saw the repetition again this time of Rich Strike, at the initial jump the horse looks outside, the group goes ahead, and Sonny drops lines to save advantage at the first turn of the curve, Rich Strike was already coming from the fourth line among the last

the partials were very fast, 21 and a fraction in the first 2 furlongs, and the 4 that were in the lead were horses that paid more than 7/1 approximately, that is to say that the majority had to be close in violent partials

Near the beginning of the final turn, Rich Strike was moved and brought a great push and turning the curve Sonny finds himself in the traffic, so much so that he must stop Rich Strike for the advance that he brought to him already at the end of the turn the rail door opens, and Sonny goes through that space for about 3rd

On the line, already on the straight Rich Strike was charging inside and Simplification on the outside, a horse that was coming down the inside line in his fatigue runs into Rich Strike, and Sonny stops the horse, and goes up a line, and continues demanding Rich Strike and the horse came with so much load that he followed his Rush, and already close to the cable Rich Strike, broke the action of the leaders, and if they see Sonny as he commanded, and he lashed out at Rich Strike, and it was not with an aggressiveness, if not with immense energy, and riding on the back of Rich Strike, because it was the Derby, and they were the best at that time

If you see the actions of the other Jockeys, and compare Sonny, the Jockey who came more confident and with greater security was Sonny, because the way he demanded Rich Strike, it was because he knew that they would win the Derby

the horse enters by the retreat of another horse, starts from the last position, searches outside, they are among the last, gets traffic, then collides with an already tired horse near the finish line, never lost his pace, and his advance, and with a Jockey on his best day, how could they lose this race, and if they see after the crossing of the finish line, Rich Strike's pace was immense, he kept running at will

this group of Rich Strike owner, trainer, Jockey risked the dream of running in the Kentucky Derby to be there, and even to look for a strategy that if it were presented they would take advantage of it, and that's how it was

run back, and down advance with force, and that's how it was, when Rich Strike blew his whistle it was a train attached to the rail

Rich Strike and his people came to the Derby to compete, and even went much further, they came to win.

congratulations to all of them incredible race
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Not saying that, saying how he fairs with older horses that are already champions. Then we see if he good
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Tyler should be ashamed how he rode White Abarrio 4-5 wide the whole way around isn't good racing and I felt he was fast enough to be in a better position
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

that is very sad for you to have that opinion. First of all, he is a literal baby at 3 years old, and yet handling one of the most stressful environments a flight animal can be put in, and if you did your research there's plenty of videos of him showing he has a fine temperament elsewhere. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_EpJlo ... ntuckyHBPA) and even was perfectly relaxed in the winners circle, as far as i saw anyways. It took a minute or two to calm the horse down at most, he's very young and again...a colt full of testosterone. Horse racing dies when people spout ignorance and the same person wins over and over again...god forbid an underdog should win, right?

edit: check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee_lJZe ... ntuckyHBPA skip to 2:47 for a clearer view on his temperament from the people who actually know the horse
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

For those that haven’t dealt with colts before, I’ve gelded 2 in real life because they turned from angels at home to 5 legged bite monsters at the races. Some of them turn into horrors before the race, some of them afterward and the rare one during (looking at you, So Si Bon).

If their balls drop before their brains install, it doesn’t matter how good of a horse person you are or how good their education is.

Also, I love this win. If you’ve never trained or ridden a racehorse then you might not realise just how significant that claiming win was. He won it by SEVENTEEN (17!) lengths. That means he went literally 3 seconds quicker than the rest of the field. That’s INSANE. Even if they’re 3 legged donkeys behind him, it’s straight up raw ability. For me it doesn’t really matter that his preps didn’t show as much. Plenty can go wrong with idiot colts at that age, but talent is talent.

Kudos to the jockey too. That was a brilliant steer.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Actually, after running that race, I was a bit impressed that Rich Strike still had the energy to take a few shots at the pony.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Darcy McBride wrote: 1 year ago Actually, after running that race, I was a bit impressed that Rich Strike still had the energy to take a few shots at the pony.
He actually took a big bite of the outrider's leg :shock:
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Rich Strike had worked up an appetite after that race. Lol
Sad thing happened at our house though "WIFE" picked Rich Strike and said not to bet him because he only got on due to another scratching. I am still not talking to her even though it's mother's day lol.
PS Happy Mother's day to all u wonderful mothers out there.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

F**k this awful take.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Very slow time? Rich Strike was faster than both Justify AND American Pharoah in the previous Kentucky Derby's x'D
Such slow NAGS those two Triple Crown winners were (IRONY).
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~