Secret Oath Confirmed for the Preakness!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Secret Oath Confirmed for the Preakness!

Post by Hazel Anthony »

My day is made because Secret Oath is going to the Preakness per D. Wayne Lukas.

I'm a little nervous how she will perform being that this race is so soon after her Oaks win (and before the Oaks was the Arkansas Derby). But I'm rooting for her nonetheless.

Also Epicenter is confirmed!

Early favorites anyone?
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Re: Secret Oath Confirmed for the Preakness!

Post by Nick Shredder »

I have concerns. I know the ride wasn't great in the Arkansas Derby but she did not look like she was going to be able to beat the boys there. And that was only against Cyberknife etc. I will be rooting for her like I did Swiss Skydiver (who was also my betting choice for that Preakness) but I would rather just see her rested in the Acorn.

Epicenter has to be the favorite. He was one of the few horses who didn't have a major pace collapse in that crazy Derby. I will also want to see what price Early Voting goes off at.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Is anyone else gonna be there and wanna say hi?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’ll wave at you from across the bay
;p
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

All I know is I bet they have plans in place with the outrider for this race... lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Body armor lol dressed like a knight
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

No rich strike. 2/10 will not attend
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Crazy to just give away the triple crown without even trying
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Looks to me the owner does not care about the 150 year tradition
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Looks to me the owner does not care about the 150 year tradition
Maybe they care more about the horse than giving in the pressure of running in the Preakness. Kind of admire them for being able to resist honestly. If its not right for the horse, its not right for the horse.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Louise Bayou wrote: 1 year ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Looks to me the owner does not care about the 150 year tradition
Maybe they care more about the horse than giving in the pressure of running in the Preakness. Kind of admire them for being able to resist honestly. If its not right for the horse, its not right for the horse.
I asked Rich Strike and he said he wants to run. That’s straight from the horses mouth.
;p
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 1 year ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 1 year ago
I asked Rich Strike and he said he wants to run. That’s straight from the horses mouth.
I would think his mouth was still to full of outrider to be able to talk.. ;)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Ahh yes. Outrider, the other other white veggies
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Does Secret Oath catch Epicenter at the wire!!!?
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Guess I'm the only one :(