Super rare?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Super rare?

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Someone just pointed out on Facebook that Tizamagician might be running against his half brother Avenue in a turf stakes at DMR next weekend. This has to be really rare, for two foals from the same dam to be in the same stakes race. Has anyone else seen this before?
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: Super rare?

Post by Diane Townsend »

Yesterday in Australia Dragon Leap and Illation both raced in the Gr.1 Memsie Stakes.
https://twitter.com/Racing/status/15633 ... R6THQ&s=19
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Tiyoun Long
Miler

Post by Tiyoun Long »

Frankel and Bullet Train - numerous times as Bullet Train was his lead horse
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

It wasn’t a stakes race but I think I remember 3 of Sunline’s foals all being in the one maiden race once
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Cleo Patra wrote: 1 year ago It wasn’t a stakes race but I think I remember 3 of Sunline’s foals all being in the one maiden race once
I was there! There were two of Sunlines progeny in a Rating 70 at Te Rapa in December 2009. Sun Ruler (Zabeel) and Sunstrike (Rock Of Gibraltar) went down to a photofinish with Sun Ruler eventually being declared the winner ahead of Sunstrike by a nose.
I was a huge fan of Sunline and had a pic of that race for ages.
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

You actually get it somewhat frequently in state-bred stakes in both CA and NY. There was a trio of fillies out of the same mare who kept running against each other in turf sprint stakes at Santa Anita.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

A long time ago I think it was in Texas - there was a sire who ran against his son in a race.

The sire had retired from racing for 3 or 4 years, I think due to an injury. He was used as a stud, then deemed healthy enough to be put back into training and raced again...and raced against one of his own sons. I

It's been forever since I read about it, but I think it happened in the 1970's. I might try to see if I can find anymore information on it.
I can't remember the horses names nor who finished ahead of the other in that race.

Also, there was this...but he never ran against any of his foals.

https://eventingnation.com/thoroughbred ... same-year/

-----------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Calia Mendez
Miler

Post by Calia Mendez »

Leinster (multiple G2 winner) and Stormy Liberal (2-time BC Turf Sprint winner) were half-brothers and they raced each other a few years back. It looks like twice, in the G3 Kentucky Downs Turf Sprint and then a few months later in the 2019 Breeder's Cup Turf Sprint. In the BC they finished next to each other, 7th and 8th.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

This is all so cool. I just cannot imagine owning a mare that could put out stakes horses like that irl. Broodmare gold!
Tiyoun Long
Miler

Post by Tiyoun Long »

Its not a stakes race but three full brothers run against each other today at Flemington in Australia in a $150,000 race . One is the 2020 Epsom Derby winner Serpentine, and his brothers Team Captain, and King of the Castle . https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/b ... ine/577837