Underrated Racehorses

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Underrated Racehorses

Post by Nathan Klein »

I always love this question because its endless. What real life racehorse do you consider underrated. I've asked my racing friends one on one this question and have gotten some great responses. One really loved 1985 Kentucky Derby Spend A Buck. When I asked The Steward this question her answer was Snow Chief and Congaree. Who do you guys got?
"Nathan you tweaking"
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Underrated Racehorses

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Big Drama he won the 2010 BC sprint. I feel like he was underrated
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Princess of Sylmar was pretty special and would have probably been in the conversation for one of the greatest distaffers this century if not for being plagued with injuries.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago Princess of Sylmar was pretty special and would have probably been in the conversation for one of the greatest distaffers this century if not for being plagued with injuries.
My heart <3
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

While you might not agree that he is underrated since he won 8 Eclipse Awards, I go with Forego. What he did would be considered ridiculous today. He won 34 of 57 races from 7 furlongs to 2 miles. He often carried over 130 pounds as a handicap and set a track record at 132 pounds in the Brooklyn Handicap. As a youth, I distinctly recall the 1976 Marlboro Cup when he came from almost last to nail Honest Pleasure at the wire.

We should do Most Overrated next. However, I think that discussion starts and ends with Green Monkey.
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

Dan Gordon wrote: 1 year ago While you might not agree that he is underrated since he won 8 Eclipse Awards, I go with Forego. What he did would be considered ridiculous today. He won 34 of 57 races from 7 furlongs to 2 miles. He often carried over 130 pounds as a handicap and set a track record at 132 pounds in the Brooklyn Handicap. As a youth, I distinctly recall the 1976 Marlboro Cup when he came from almost last to nail Honest Pleasure at the wire.

We should do Most Overrated next. However, I think that discussion starts and ends with Green Monkey.
Forego was truely a great racehorse but I feel he was very fairly rated being in the top 10 for greatest horses of the 20th century and being generally considered the second greatest gelding of all time behind Kelso. For The Green Monkey I wouldn't call him overrated because he was just a finacial flop. Overrated to me is a horse who the general public who gets more praise then they deserve in comparison to horses who have done similar or even better things and get less credit.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

There was a horse running the same time as Black Caviar. Her name was Beaded. She won 10 from 27, won $1.6 million and only missed the board 4 times. Why do I call her underrated? She was TINY, like barely 15hh miniature pony tiny. They obviously doubted her early (really can’t blame them) because you can see in the pattern of racing from her early career that they kept just putting her in weak spots and she kept winning for fun. She met Black Caviar once and got beaten 3.75 lengths, which is probably what the difference in their weight was if you multiplied it (BC was an absolute tank of a horse).
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)