Flightline

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Re: Flightline

Post by Hazel Anthony »

A.R. Roberts wrote: 1 year ago
Hazel Anthony wrote: 1 year ago
A.R. Roberts wrote: 1 year ago

Flightline has never had to deal with the early speed of Life Is Good. It will give him a test he has never had. We will not see another Pacific Classic.

From a handicapping standpoint, you have to look at who benefits from this. My opinion, its absolutly Taiba (who I think is EXTREMELY good and we have not seen his best) and Epicenter.

Don't sleep on Olympiad either.

This is true, but will Life is Good's connections really try to gun for the lead and go up against Flightline or will they try to stick around for a piece of the pie? I'm no horse racing expert, just wondering.

Yes, you are correct. Epicenter always shows. I can't help but hope you will be wrong though, because I would love to see a really good performance from Flightline. I am not against an upset though.
There is zero chance that Life Is Good's connections will not be sending him to the lead and have come to just hit the board. His best and only chance at winning is to get to the lead and hope Flightline doesn't fire or Life Is Good is better (highly questionable at this point in his career).
That is a fair point. I guess we will just have to see what happens tomorrow!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
A.R. Roberts
Grade 2 Winner

Post by A.R. Roberts »

Wow!

Probably the best performance and horse I've seen in my lifetime.
@AR_Roberts
A.R. Roberts
Grade 2 Winner

Post by A.R. Roberts »

Also, really hope Epicenter is okay. Really like and respect that horse.
@AR_Roberts
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

What a race, I thought they might have gone too fast out on the lead but Flightline really proved himself out there. But more importantly I really hope that Epicenter is going to be ok, he's been one of my favorite horses this year, always scary when they don't finish the race.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Just plain wow. Horses cannot do what he just did, except....he did.
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

What a special horse, really thankful I got to see him run in person at Del Mar.

Hoping Epicenter is okay - hate to see any of them get hurt and he's one of my favorites.
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 40k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 20k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 7.5k
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Puts him on my very short list of best horses this century. I mean, that’s a VERY good field of horses he just demolished.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

John Nicholson wrote: 1 year ago Wins by 10 length
Only by 8 obviously not as good as I thought 😂😂
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

He is amazing
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Post by Ali Sills »

I just watched the replay and wow. He has such a long, smooth stride! Will we be getting any Flightline mares anytime soon? It may talk me into venturing into TB's lol
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Ali Sills wrote: 1 year ago I just watched the replay and wow. He has such a long, smooth stride! Will we be getting any Flightline mares anytime soon? It may talk me into venturing into TB's lol
For 150K u can breed to him yourself

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1616541
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

A.R. Roberts wrote: 1 year ago Wow!

Probably the best performance and horse I've seen in my lifetime.
I am actually glad that Life is Good was sent to the front (you were right). Created such an awe inspiring race.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Cleo Patra wrote: 1 year ago Puts him on my very short list of best horses this century. I mean, that’s a VERY good field of horses he just demolished.
Gave me goosebumps. I just really wish I could have seen it in person. Maybe someday!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

He’s retired from racing, officially.

Flightline was a shooting star - brilliant, beautiful, and oh-so-brief.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Well, I can't say I'm surprised that he's off to stud now, but was hoping to see him race again for another year. Wish he had run more than 6 times...
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward