Flightline

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Flightline

Post by Hazel Anthony »

I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on Flightline before he runs in the Classic. For me, all I'm doing is hoping and praying that he blows us all away on Saturday.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Royal Celestine
Sprinter

Re: Flightline

Post by Royal Celestine »

I think he will. It seems like no one wants to compromise finishing in a better position by going with him and I don’t blame them. I think it will be similar to knicks go’s classic. But if anyone can win besides him I believe it’s taiba.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

On the show this morning Simon said that if he only wins by two we will all be disappointed. Pretty crazy, but true!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

At 3/5, no thank you!
Making a small win wager on #6 Epicenter.
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I’m saying it’ll be a spectacular upset
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Wins by 10 length
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I think he is fantastic and him winning like he did in the Pacific Classic would be amazing. But I also wouldn't mind an upset.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
A.R. Roberts
Grade 2 Winner

Post by A.R. Roberts »

Taiba and Epicenter exacta.

Life is Good makes Flightline go to fast too early, he fades to 3rd. Life is Good off the board, maybe last.

Rich Strike gets in the super for 4th and a huge underlay because he should be 25-1 but will probably be 10/1 or 12/1.
@AR_Roberts
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

A.R. Roberts wrote: 1 year ago Taiba and Epicenter exacta.

Life is Good makes Flightline go to fast too early, he fades to 3rd. Life is Good off the board, maybe last.

Rich Strike gets in the super for 4th and a huge underlay because he should be 25-1 but will probably be 10/1 or 12/1.
That was my thought (Life is Good)! He is legit fast and I just don't see them letting Flightline just go on with it and have it his own way.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

I agree with the Life is Good part. I don't think he loves distance and I think he will fade. However, I think Flightline is capable of putting him away and others. I guess we will see.

I love Richie so much, I hope he gets up there. I agree with Epicenter being up there as well.
Last edited by Hazel Anthony 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago On the show this morning Simon said that if he only wins by two we will all be disappointed. Pretty crazy, but true!
Very true, with the amount of hype he's had. We all want him to be the next Secretariat.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Louise Bayou wrote: 1 year ago I think he is fantastic and him winning like he did in the Pacific Classic would be amazing. But I also wouldn't mind an upset.
I agree 100%.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
A.R. Roberts
Grade 2 Winner

Post by A.R. Roberts »

Hazel Anthony wrote: 1 year ago

I agree with the Life is Good part. I don't think he loves distance and I think he will fade. However, I think Flightline is capable of putting him away and others. I guess we will see.

I love Richie so much, I hope he gets up there. I agree with Epicenter being up there as well.
Flightline has never had to deal with the early speed of Life Is Good. It will give him a test he has never had. We will not see another Pacific Classic.

From a handicapping standpoint, you have to look at who benefits from this. My opinion, its absolutly Taiba (who I think is EXTREMELY good and we have not seen his best) and Epicenter.

Don't sleep on Olympiad either.
@AR_Roberts
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

A.R. Roberts wrote: 1 year ago

Flightline has never had to deal with the early speed of Life Is Good. It will give him a test he has never had. We will not see another Pacific Classic.

From a handicapping standpoint, you have to look at who benefits from this. My opinion, its absolutly Taiba (who I think is EXTREMELY good and we have not seen his best) and Epicenter.

This is true, but will Life is Good's connections really try to gun for the lead and go up against Flightline or will they try to stick around for a piece of the pie? I'm no horse racing expert, just wondering.

Yes, you are correct. Epicenter always shows. I can't help but hope you will be wrong though, because I would love to see a really good performance from Flightline. I am not against an upset though.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
A.R. Roberts
Grade 2 Winner

Post by A.R. Roberts »

A.R. Roberts wrote: 1 year ago

This is true, but will Life is Good's connections really try to gun for the lead and go up against Flightline or will they try to stick around for a piece of the pie? I'm no horse racing expert, just wondering.

Yes, you are correct. Epicenter always shows. I can't help but hope you will be wrong though, because I would love to see a really good performance from Flightline. I am not against an upset though.
There is zero chance that Life Is Good's connections will not be sending him to the lead and have come to just hit the board. His best and only chance at winning is to get to the lead and hope Flightline doesn't fire or Life Is Good is better (highly questionable at this point in his career).
@AR_Roberts