Breeders' Cup 2013

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeders' Cup 2013

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I've got some friends who want to go to the SC. Some of their business clients own racehorses but they've not been to the racetrack. I've not been since 1984 so that'd be cool. My older sister might be in town that time so she'd definitely want to go. She's more of a harness fan which is big in her country but as long as gaudy hats can be worn, all's good.

They're getting a time share in Del Mar hopefully this summer that's very close to the racetrack, pretty nice condo to check out the racing there. Always wanted to go to Del Mar, got a lot of nice history.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

I will have to skip like three classes. But bring all equine classes they should get that such things could happen! I even was looking at prices for airfare and hotels at my lunch break, so yeah safe to say I would need to be like banned for flying to not go. Only 177 days!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

lol Mary. Izzy and I were just looking at flights the other day. I think she already bought hers. Mine are still at about $400 so I am hoping to find something cheaper!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Marzy, I've been to Del Mar before. Well, the fairgrounds in general, but not the racetrack. The national rabbit convention/show took place there in 2001 and again in 2009.
I have a stable full of cats
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Cool Brian! I used to go to exotic bird shows at the local fairgrounds here b/c a friend breeds them.

My friends got to put a depo on the time share soon so hopefully during the meet there. Might take the Amtrak down. Got to work it around a high school reunion out of state.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Let me know if people get together for Del Mar, I would like to join.
I live about 15-20 minutes from Del Mar and already plan on going there about once a week during the racing season.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Okay who is coming for sure?? Trying to get together maybe an unofficial Sim dinner on Saturday night.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Louise Bayou wrote:Okay who is coming for sure?? Trying to get together maybe an unofficial Sim dinner on Saturday night.
90% sure that I'll be at the Breeders' Cup on Saturday, pending work.

100% chance that I'll be at dinner though!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

when is it again?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Pete Vella wrote:when is it again?
Nov. 1st and 2nd!
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I will be there for sure!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

And just an FYI, The Derby rest. right outside of Santa Anita has a drink called the Pleasantly Perfect...I will be having one of those on this trip!
Izzy Rafferty
Miler

Post by Izzy Rafferty »

I'll be there!
[Jon Xett] it's not the horses that are real, it's the tears
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

what night is the Dinner? Sat night?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Pete Vella wrote:what night is the Dinner? Sat night?
It was last year. I don't see any reason why it can't be Saturday this year. I guess it will be the "unofficial" Sim dinner since the Steward will be MIA but it should still be fun!