Arlington Park

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Arlington Park

Post by Emily Klein »

I've never been to a racetrack but I am thinking about going to Arlington Park this summer, on Million Preview Day (July 13th) or on Million Day (August 17). I have no clue about going to a racetrack so I have a few questions. Where is the best place to sit? Is it better to stand by the rail or sit in the grandstand? Do you have any tips for someone who has never been to a racetrack?
Seagrass Farm
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Re: Arlington Park

Post by Mary Whalen »

I've never been to Arlington Park but there is a chance I may go to the Millions Preview and I am hoping to go to the International. As for where I like to be I go back and forth between the paddock and the rail. Someone who's been to Arlington before could let us know how easy that is and if it's possible.
SaraKendall
Derby Contender

Post by SaraKendall »

I am going to the Arlington Million.....and have done so for a while now....it's possible to get back and forth between those two but it's a work....up and down stairs and such...but it's a BEAUTIFUL place!! :) If you ladies go...we might have to meet up if at all possible :)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I'm jealous...I've been to Arlington and Sara is right, it is gorgeous.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

I live 10 minutes from Arlington. I am going to attempt to make Millions day again this year.
Diane Hoover
Sprinter

Post by Diane Hoover »

I'll be there for the Million. I went for the Preview and they had a good turn out. The weather was perfect and they ran 5 stakes races. Hopefully I can get the rest of the family willing to go for the day. I was there for the Million last year and there's quite a crowd.
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

Something came up and I wasn't able to go to Arlington yesterday. I was really disappointed. Sounds like you had a great day, Diane! I'll see if I can come to Arlington on Millions day but I might not be able to. Thanks for the tips also, Mary and Sara.
Seagrass Farm
Rachael Menke
Miler

Post by Rachael Menke »

My second home!

I've actually never been on Million day, but I *did* see Cigar there way back all those years where they carded the "Citation Challenge" for him and he tied Citation's straight win streak. I was a starstruck 11 year old :P

Anyway, one suggestion I do have is if you're going with a group of people: buy reserved box seats. They're only a little more than general admission per ticket, it's under the roof in case of rain, you have a sweeping vantage point of the whole track, *and* depending on which level you choose, you could have a waiter/waitress and your own little TV. My family always gets together for my birthday and rents an "executive tv box" w/the wait staff & TV.

Granted for big events like the Million they sell out fast and are a lot more expensive, but it's nice for a small group.

Oh! And if it's nice weather out, make sure to bring sunglasses or a hat. For some reason the sun really gets in my eyes there, even on a cloudy day.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

I will be going to Million Day! Got my plane ticket last week. I'll be going with a friend, but if any SIMsters want to meet up at the track to say hi I'm always up for meeting new people.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I'm planning on driving up Million day morning from Lexington and leaving late that night (it's going to be a long day) to get back in time for work on Sunday. Hopefully my plan doesn't get screwed up because my favorite jock is riding there on a Euro invader but I'm holding my breath until I make it up there.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Two days away, any for sures going to be there? I am still undecided, but would love to meet up with anyone that is there.
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

Have fun all those that are going! Wish I could go to Million Day, but August is the busiest month of the summer for me and I won't be able to go :( Didn't realize so many went to Arlington. My wife and I love going there. We live about 3 hours away and go 2-4 times a year and have been to the last 3 Million Preview days.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Geaux Indy Point! :)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Diane Hoover
Sprinter

Post by Diane Hoover »

I'm leaving for the Million - meeting my oldest son(Kiinn Dreadspirit) and his family - should be a good day. It doesn't seem like it's going to be too hot. Checking the horses now. I see Dark Cove scratched out of the American Stakes.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

And Ken Ramsey ends the day winning the Million on a DQ(fair in my opinion) and wins a total of 3 Grade 1's today! Not a bad day.lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder