Saratoga?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Saratoga?

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I'm going up to Saratoga next weekend. My mom and I are taking a trip for my final summer vacation ever (graduating college in December). Anyone else be up there?

Also, I know we have a few folks who work there, and surely a bunch that have been there. As many of you know I am a photo-taking fiend, and also a people-meeting fiend. I know they do breakfast at Saratoga in the mornings during training hours, but are "spectators" allowed in the barn areas (like at Keeneland) in the mornings?

I've got lots of random stupid questions that I won't post here, except: do they ask you to leave between training hours and the races? They don't at Keeneland, but I can see other tracks doing that...
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Re: Saratoga?

Post by Ali Weasley »

I will be here! It sounds like you're coming Whitney weekend?

No, it is not an open backside. Yes, they will ask you to leave after breakfast and come back when gates open at 10:30.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Yep, coming up this weekend. I'll be easy to find with my camera permanently attached to my face and running around in 10 different directions all at once! And bummer, no open backside. Poo. I love wandering the barns at Keeneland and talking to random folks.

I'm hoping the training track is at least accessible, since I heard something about a fan-friendly grandstand type area being built over there. I know Mott trains most of his horses over there, and yes, I will probably be stalking Bill Mott (and Royal Delta) a little bit...

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Saratoga is on my to do list for sure. Have fun Erin! Maybe next year I will make it.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I'm off to Saratoga for the NY bred yearling sale. Who else sells horses at 7 pm on Sunday nite?? But I have a beautiful baby in Hip #377 in the sale. Will likely be the first and last time I have a horse good enough to be in this sale so I plan to be there and be square!
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

hi pepper is your yearling called meet miami
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

The very one!! But she is not ALL mine. I fell into a great deal by acquiring her dam while carrying Miami.
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

hope she makes you lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for you i will look at the results with interest :wink:
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

It was a super fun trip, gorgeous weather, awesome people, and some GREAT photos got taken. I can't wait to get through all these and post them! Even though, err...I'm just now getting around to my Keeneland pics from April...

John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

$50,000 for miami :lol: :lol: were you happy with that pepper
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Miami did me proud, and I greatly hope she does her new owners the same. I t was fun hobnobbing with the big timers.
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

i watched the sale live online she looked very flashy with her 4 white socks :lol: i will follow her career with interest.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

She is probably just too beautiful to make a good racehorse (I may be a bit prejudiced) I never sent a horse thru an auction before and I miss her already, but she was not mine to keep :( Looks like she was bought by a racing partnership, I think kind of like Gigi here on the Sim talks about. This was an amazing experience - the horse after Miami brought $430,000.00 !!!! it just blows my mind!