Ultimate SIM Gathering

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Ultimate SIM Gathering

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Hello all, nice to be here for a moment, and say HI to all my friends. I've been a bad friend, and have all but disappeared.
My stable is in very competent hands, and I'll never leave this game. But I've been so busy at work and with other things (to be described shortly) that I've totally neglected my friendships in this wonderful community. Here is my attempt to make good.

For the last year, my father and I have been planning a 2-year journey to see ALL of the United States and parts of Canada via RV.
Our trip will start within a couple months. He just retired, and is back to being 100% healthy after a few scares. I've spent the last year working my
tail off so I can afford to miss a few years of income. For 20 years, we've talked about seeing everything we can see, and the time has finally come!

I want to be able to post in this thread on where we're traveling, and along the way, meet up with SIMsters at all the tracks around the US and Canada. We'll be spending weeks in some locations, and maybe just a day or two in others. If you'll follow along, I'll post where we'll be, and the tracks I'd like to attend. While certainly I have no locations set in stone, maybe you can meet up with us and show us around your favorite track when I'm around. The only time and place I can be sure of right now is at Santa Anita for this years' Breeders' Cup! But depending on how quick we get to leave out, we'll be heading to Vancouver/NW US to begin our trek down the west coast to be in LA by the first weekend of November.

I hope to meet new friends, and of course, meet up with my 'old' friends....please let me know if I'm close to you and you could be free for an afternoon or evening!

Stay tuned.....

:D
Leo
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: Ultimate SIM Gathering

Post by Louise Bayou »

Hurricanes and crawfish on me!!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This is probably the greatest thing ever... I've dreamt about doing something similar (especially the every racetrack/SIMster part), but of course haven't actually DONE it - hope to some day!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Emerald downs? Racing runs until late September, happy to show you around!!!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Dave Mackay1
Classic Contender

Post by Dave Mackay1 »

Fair play leo,I hope everything goes to plan and you & your dad have a blast :D
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

If you guys were coming the Toronto way I'd get everyone together for you.. all 15-20 of us lol
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

It's great to hear your Dad is up to this trip. And like Chani said, we all hope Toronto is a stop! It would be great to meet you both!
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Let me know when you get to Lexington. Plan on coming here in either April or Oct 2015 as that's when Keeneland runs!
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

That is so cool! I'm excited to see you guys for the breeders cup!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

What a great adventure for you and your dad. It's awesome you two are able to make your dream a reality. If you can try to hit up southern Kentucky/northern Tennessee in September so you can experience Kentucky Downs if you've never been. It's such a great little turf track near the boarder.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

This is awesome! The time to come to the Philadelphia area is in September so maybe by next year you can try to be around this area then. We have a whole fall festival of racing at Parx, including the Pennsylvania Derby and Cotillion - both of which are huge preps for the Breeders Cup!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I second the Emerald Downs idea.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

You could now jump up a trip to Pennsylvania and head over on September 20th for the Pennsylvania Derby. California Chrome is slated to make his comeback right here! *knocks on wood*
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

If/when you are in the Mid Atlantic (ahem Preakness week next spring? :D ) Let me know cuz I'd luv to catch up! Also let us know if you hit any cool auctions in your travels!! ;)
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

If you hit Blue Grass weekend or Fall Stars weekend at Keeneland, let me know! I'll most likely be there :)
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!