December Seattle Gathering - DEC 30th

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Are you interested

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 2

Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

December Seattle Gathering - DEC 30th

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Alrighty.. So, rumours abound about a SIM Gathering possibly happening in December. Well, I am putting this here so we can plan.

I once had a super idea (I still think it's a super idea). Since we all know the weather in December is Seattle is absolutely something everyone must experience. I would like to propose that we all meet up for a Seattle Thunderbirds Hockey Game. Which is indoors, but cool!

There are 2 dates that they are playing that may work. I have a preference, but I am flexible. Others may not be.

The dates are Dec 27th the Thunderbirds play Spokane OR Dec 30th they play Portland.
The 30th is my preference (I like to root for my home team). Games start in the evening http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/schedule/257/214

We can either get nosebleed tickets ($16) or splurge for the next level ($26). If we get a group of at least 10 I can get a group discount on the $26 tickets.

Additionally, I'll be getting an AirBNB in the Seattle area and driving over to Kent for the game. If anyone is travelling up and wants to share lodgings I am totally up for that. I can fit 4 adults in my car comfortably, 2 seats are full and I have room for 2 more. If I need to bring a larger vehicle, I might be able to borrow one.

Please only take the poll if you plan on joining up. Let me know which date works better and if you plan to join the festivities!
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Pam Maier
Derby Contender

Re: December Seattle Gathering - DEC 30th

Post by Pam Maier »

December 30th works best for me, as I am flying in on the 27th
"‹Ali Hedgestone› OMG.. I'm famous enough to be in a SIM forum signature. Add that to the hudderites who think I'm a minor celebrity and my week has been made"
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Sorry, guys... it looks like I won't be able to get time off for this. Will be a crazy couple days at work, apparently...

Looks like Kelowna beat both Portland AND Seattle in the last week or so. ;) Gooooo Rockets!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Laura Smith wrote:Sorry, guys... it looks like I won't be able to get time off for this. Will be a crazy couple days at work, apparently...

Looks like Kelowna beat both Portland AND Seattle in the last week or so. ;) Gooooo Rockets!
Bummer!!! Can't you just let the bread rise for a little longer or something? I know, bring it with you! Road trip with pet yeasties! haha.

Boo Rockets! (Actually they are a pretty good team). I get to see Portland play Calgary on Sat! Super stoked!
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)