One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Louise Bayou »

Bill Outsilver wrote:I probably misses this because I'm not sure when it happened, but I can't begin to express how excited I am to see that broodmare comments are now in the notes when you check mares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been begging for it forever! It is so amazing. Thanks Admin!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kris Krueger
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kris Krueger »

I feel like I'm just piling it on asking for more when so much has been given, but I was perusing AJ's barn looking forward to that 100.00 stakes winner or star broodie (ha ha) and wishing I could filter the horses. I was looking for a mare out of a particular stallion in the turf mile division and groaning about the time it was going to take to go thru the whole barn page by page. I dunno' possibly if it took less time searching it would encourage more people to look and buy. I usually go in there looking for something specific.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Kris Krueger wrote:I feel like I'm just piling it on asking for more when so much has been given, but I was perusing AJ's barn looking forward to that 100.00 stakes winner or star broodie (ha ha) and wishing I could filter the horses. I was looking for a mare out of a particular stallion in the turf mile division and groaning about the time it was going to take to go thru the whole barn page by page. I dunno' possibly if it took less time searching it would encourage more people to look and buy. I usually go in there looking for something specific.
Just go to the search page and put AJ as owner,click female and add the sire. That should pull them all up for you.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

One very small thing: When clicking the "ship to home location"-button on the results page, could it please _not_ go to the horse's page but return to results? That'd save a ton of clicking the back button.
It's alive!
Tiff Severson
Classic Contender

Post by Tiff Severson »

I'd like to see the name of the stud in my breeding and training barns.
Now Standing:Coach CalMulti-Surface with strong AW and Turf times in yearlings. 15,001k [/u] Quitting Time AW Miler with short route lineage 11,000 k
Give Me The MoneyStandardbred Pacer $1,500
Kris Krueger
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kris Krueger »

Tiff Severson wrote:I'd like to see the name of the stud in my breeding and training barns.
Me too!
Jennifer Klebsch
Miler

Post by Jennifer Klebsch »

Patrick O'Malley wrote:One very small thing: When clicking the "ship to home location"-button on the results page, could it please _not_ go to the horse's page but return to results? That'd save a ton of clicking the back button.
I second this; I don't have a computer at home so most of my playing is on my Droid. I always have to open an extra window to look at results because once I ship a horse it goes to that horse's page, and my phone won't do the "back" option to go back to the day's results. So I have to have two windows open, one to ship horses and close, and one to stay on the results page.
PROUD BREEDER/OWNER OF:

GOLD SWEPT, Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies Sprint champion, GRADED STAKES winner at 2, 3, 4, 5, AND 6, earner of $1.9 million!

LAST PARADE, Steward's Cup placed, G1 winner of graded stakes at 2, 3, and 4!
Frances Krell
Turf Router

Post by Frances Krell »

Jennifer Klebsch wrote:
Patrick O'Malley wrote:One very small thing: When clicking the "ship to home location"-button on the results page, could it please _not_ go to the horse's page but return to results? That'd save a ton of clicking the back button.
I second this; I don't have a computer at home so most of my playing is on my Droid. I always have to open an extra window to look at results because once I ship a horse it goes to that horse's page, and my phone won't do the "back" option to go back to the day's results. So I have to have two windows open, one to ship horses and close, and one to stay on the results page.
Same for me with my iPhone. Fixing this feature would really help us SIMsters on the go! :)
Tiff Severson
Classic Contender

Post by Tiff Severson »

I would love it if I could separate out my barn by race level. I think it would bowl down to a field like we already have for race type.

Levels would go along the type of a-barn (aweome) b-barn (for the midlevel moneymakers) and c-barn (for claimers). It would be useful for me since I like to sort out by types when racing. Also when I am going through on a cull and deciding who to sell, send to the shed, or give away.
Now Standing:Coach CalMulti-Surface with strong AW and Turf times in yearlings. 15,001k [/u] Quitting Time AW Miler with short route lineage 11,000 k
Give Me The MoneyStandardbred Pacer $1,500
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Tiff Severson wrote:I would love it if I could separate out my barn by race level. I think it would bowl down to a field like we already have for race type.

Levels would go along the type of a-barn (aweome) b-barn (for the midlevel moneymakers) and c-barn (for claimers). It would be useful for me since I like to sort out by types when racing. Also when I am going through on a cull and deciding who to sell, send to the shed, or give away.
I would absolutely love it if we could sort horses into different 'barns'.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Lynn Jackson
Miler

Post by Lynn Jackson »

I too would love to sort or rank horses by some sort of user-defined category. That might prevent me from confusing two horses and selling the wrong one for cheap again.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The barn level...

Sorting horses is a great idea, but in this 'fantasy' world we have here, it dictates that barns belong to Farm owners, and everyone else stables their horses at someone else's farms/barns.

And because race horses tend to float from one Farm/barn to another during a season, then all the Farms would have to have 3 barns to keep your horses sorted.

Stormy :twisted: (Devil's Advocate)
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

If any of you are trying to determine if your 3yo colt is going to have enough points to get into the Derby, I have just made your life easier: upon request, the Steward added a filter by distance/surface preference to the horse rankings, so now you can see the top 50 3yo dirt router Thoroughbreds, rather than having to sort through the sprinters in the full top 50 3yo Thoroughbreds list. Yay!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Jackson Muniz
Turf Router

Post by Jackson Muniz »

I would love it if we got to watch virtual videos of the races. Maybe not all of them because this would be too hard to do, ut maybe the Grade 1 races only.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Ara Davies wrote:If any of you are trying to determine if your 3yo colt is going to have enough points to get into the Derby, I have just made your life easier: upon request, the Steward added a filter by distance/surface preference to the horse rankings, so now you can see the top 50 3yo dirt router Thoroughbreds, rather than having to sort through the sprinters in the full top 50 3yo Thoroughbreds list. Yay!
Just so we're clear, it's SIMperior only as all horse-type things are, but it's also based on people's opinions. For instance, if Laura decided Night Fury was a turf sprinter and made him one, he'd show up on the turf sprinter list, which would clearly be a fail.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG