SATURDAY THOROUGHBRED HILLBILLY HEAVEN CONTEST

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Re: SATURDAY THOROUGHBRED HILLBILLY HEAVEN CONTEST

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Yeah, I looked for an hour or so and other than half-siblings, I think my closest was like 14 bold names. Thanks for the contest!!!! Great idea and it was fun!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Excellent contest - I was having trouble getting above 18, but had lots of fun in the hour or so I spent trying to get higher than that. Thanks for running it and congrats to the winners!
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I'm actually looking to possibly breed a large number bolded pedigree horse just to see what happens.

I found a 19 with Awake as I Am and a two year old named Hot House (owned by Mallory). Any thoughts about trying it other than soundness?

PS

Thanks to Kaine Saracen and Mark Rhodes for thinking of the contest, running it and for the prizes. I thanked Kaine in a PM but realized I should acknowledge here too.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Thanks for the positive feedback people, maybe Mark and I come up with something else. I enjoy the breeding aspect and Mark enjoys the racing side of the game, I try to follow a circuit, get lost on the first turn. I asked mark his opinion on a pedigree and he asked me what I wanted dog food for. :lol:

The one I found was Calm X After Math, but didn't think it appropriate to enter the contest :D

p.s. Keith wow, now THAT could be an expensive experiment
Kim Plausible
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kim Plausible »

I tried to find one going the Gentle-turf sprinter route, Kaine, but couldn't so well done!

You guys should definitely do more of these - very clever and fun contest. :)
Send me requests for Feature Race articles!
"Thinking for me rarely ends in fewer than 300 words."
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

Oops, yes, I forgot that half-siblings included the sire as well as dam. I'll remember that next time! It was a fun/interesting way to spend an hour. :)