Werewolf Game 2, END GAME

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Re: Werewolf Game 2, END GAME

Post by Scott Eiland »

Considering the disadvantage we villagers had (masons could be wolves, negating the only possible advantage we could have) I'm surprised we made it.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Me too Scott!! I was kind of late getting in to the swing of the game but I had fun! Look forward to "working" with you in the future. Boooooo Wolves. :)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

Oh dude, so I was right to suspect Alexis? (Not that I did much about it.) Dang!

It was fun, but with moving and all something had to give and I just gave up and dropped it. I'm glad the villagers won, though. Good job guys. And thank you Madelene for hosting/modding it!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Yeah, I had to go on vacation during day seven of the thing. Poor planning on my part, but couldn't be avoided AND I had presumed wrongly that the game would be over in a week. Anyway, sorry that I had to bail on teh thing right when it got interesting.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Scott Eiland wrote:Considering the disadvantage we villagers had (masons could be wolves, negating the only possible advantage we could have) I'm surprised we made it.
If it's any consolation, Scott, Alexis never mentioned she was a mason to me throughout the game. She never mentioned who the other masons were, either. Grrrrrrrr! (Though I also assume she didn't mention to the mason's who the wolves were either.) I think she may have felt stuck between the two worlds - wolf and mason and needed to tread very carefully, which I think she did very well.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Happy Trails wrote:
Scott Eiland wrote:Considering the disadvantage we villagers had (masons could be wolves, negating the only possible advantage we could have) I'm surprised we made it.
If it's any consolation, Scott, Alexis never mentioned she was a mason to me throughout the game. She never mentioned who the other masons were, either. Grrrrrrrr! (Though I also assume she didn't mention to the mason's who the wolves were either.) I think she may have felt stuck between the two worlds - wolf and mason and needed to tread very carefully, which I think she did very well.
Oh course she did it well. I specifically stated at the beginning of the game how precarious her situation was (Traitor Role notes). If the Mod found out the masons or wolf pack suspected her "dual" nature, I reserved the right to kill her off outright.

I'm an evil Mod... :twisted:
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Post by Skyla Tate »

Yes you are. It was so hard to play the game. And I feel so bad for tricking everybody. Now I know who to kill of earlier though....
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Skyla, I'd love to know how you knew to kill off the lovers on the first night :p
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

While I was very happy with the game, and how it was run. Here's my constructive criticism and suggestions.

1. External website.
I don't care, it has its advantages, and its disadvantages. But one comment I have is, everyone knows where it is and were it was. If its on a external site and you don't want to play it on a external site, then don't play. How can people choose to play on a external site, and then complain its on a external site? They knew that at the start and chose to play anyway. It was their choice. And it was discussed before the game started and they had their chance to voice their opinions then.

2. Roleplaying Roles.
I dislike them, and would like them to not be included next game.
I'm capable of role playing myself, and I don't need or appreciate a role forced on me. This last game I role played a aggressive outing role/game play. That isn't my usual game play or my usual style. Next game, and every game I will play differently. this is part of the fun to me, playing the game differently each time, trying everything, Seeing what works etc.

If I ever got a role, forcing me to play "No wolves exist" or "Everyone's a wolf" or Etc etc, I wouldn't withdraw from the game, But still I wouldn't enjoy the game very much at all and wouldn't put much time or effort into it.

3. Dual roles.
Id prefer one role per player I think, it was good for a change and a twist, but i'm not keen on the idea of mason wolves really. And would prefer future games to have one role/job per player.

4. Cheating.
Although there was no screen captures this time. There still was a lot of "sharing sim accounts" and logging into other peoples sim accounts to see what role people got. This makes it harder for the wolves to win, and easier for the humans to win. The only way I can see to avoid this is to ban screencaps, AND give the jobs out in chat via pms. The jobs could be pm'ed out in the werewolf site but people could share their account info for that anyway. Im not sure what will work best, but there was still cheating this game.

5. People dropping out.
There's way to many people dropping out, and it can be a problem, like what if there was 4 wolves, and 2 of them dropped out at the start, or people dropping out with important roles, etc. It can change the balance a lot, and then a one sided game is no fun for anyone. Perhaps when people sign up to play they could have a little warning for them to read first, just explaining that the game requires activity (one hour a day), will include lying and deception, and could go on for (players / 2 days), So 30 players = 15 days. Especially for new players who haven't played before. Im not referring to john above who had to drop out for R/L after playing well for 7 days, and apologized for it, sh1t happens some times, but I'm referring to people who continually signup and drop out on day 1, if they don't get wolf, or if they get peasant, or other lame reasons.

Thanks again for the fun game.
Innocent Onlooker
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I have to admit, I thought playing on an external site would be fun. My problem was getting my vote in on time, or just accessing the site in general. logging in was a pain in the butt for me so I gave up after day 2
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Post by Skyla Tate »

Rose Hepburn wrote:Skyla, I'd love to know how you knew to kill off the lovers on the first night :p
Funny thing there, I didn't. I didn't even vote the first night. That was all Happy. I don't know where people got the idea that I did that...
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I didnt drop out just so you know, just wasn't feeling very well and forgot about the game honestly till too late. The fact that if you go two days w/o response your are autokilled irritated me but eh, nothing to argue about.