The Daily Steeplechaser

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Re: The Daily Steeplechaser

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Micheal i tried her with 2 studs.. Look below for crosses

'Lesson Learned' and 'Rapier'.
On flat: B-, Steeplechaser: B+"

'Offshore Excursion' and 'Rapier'.
On flat: C+, Steeplechaser: A-"

She is not going to be a stellar mare on the flat, I can see that I think in her case because she already has Embroidery, aim for as high as an A nick you can for chasing and ignore the flat. Liza says she could surprise you on flat, but is a dam of chasers. This to me means, don't breed this mare for flat racing, look at chasing only.
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I got an A cross with Supanova and Pigeon Island. Supanova killed/pensioned Tribune but otherwise he's a nice horse :) He stands for $5,000!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I might look for a turf miler who also can sire chasers when my Over and Up turf milers retire. They both had "some potential" chasing but are stakes winning or placed on the flat. Abraham Lincoln and OE, I'll try those and some others...

I had a little luck with Six Signs but he's gone...
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I want to congratulate Brittany, new owner of Suisei on her colt's record breaking 100 SF run!
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Chani Ruzzo wrote:I want to congratulate Brittany, new owner of Suisei on her colt's record breaking 100 SF run!

quite impressive for the first group of 3 year olds starting over fences! Congrats, Brittany!
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Knut was pensioned today :(
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

Looks like Dig Down Deep was also pensioned today
“I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
-Creed Bratton-
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

Inyourwildestdream has been pensioned
“I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
-Creed Bratton-
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

again this is why i always breed to the older guys.. you never know when they are going to go. :(
Brooke Ketron
Miler

Post by Brooke Ketron »

Just when I thought I had figured out who to breed Decaydance to - I find this! Love all this info, thanks guys!
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Okay start saving.. From now on.. Week 15 will be the start of the Gryphon Flight Stud Chase Sale. I will be dispersing 50% of my 3 and 4 year olds to the public. Majority of these will be naturals (as I got rid of most of my potentials week 1 of this year) and of good breeding stock. So there will be approximately 20 3yos and 10 4y/os.

30 horses in all from ages 3-4, plus a few mares thrown in for good measure.. enjoy!
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

Just an FYI Butch might just be a very good broodmare sire. I have four retired mares by him all four are giving me A hypo's when I tested them. None them were naturals two were still maidens. I will know more by the end of this year when I have a few more to retire by him.

Update retired two more Butch mares both generate A hypo's go figure I have mares who are naturals from good lines who can't get better than a A- but my Butch mares are giving me A's
Last edited by Garylynn Farms 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
-Creed Bratton-
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Marzy Dotes wrote:I might look for a turf miler who also can sire chasers when my Over and Up turf milers retire. They both had "some potential" chasing but are stakes winning or placed on the flat.
Try Workforce....Workforce/Reine de Saba is a B+/A- cross.
Adela Nowak
Classic Contender

Post by Adela Nowak »

Hey, hey! Looks like I got me a steeplechaser:

http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=224503
Wahoo Wa
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

And a very nice one at that! Congrats Adela!