Hard to complain when you win 4 SC races....

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Hard to complain when you win 4 SC races....

Post by Nena Olson »

I don't think it's too surprising that Turner's filly won that race. Sure, she lost her debut but after that her only other loss was to the runner up W14. She has always ran nice speed figures and has never been worse than 2nd in her career. It isn't like she was a maiden special weight who ran up the track in all of her races lol. Nice filly, Turner :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

Nena Olson wrote:I don't think it's too surprising that Turner's filly won that race. Sure, she lost her debut but after that her only other loss was to the runner up W14. She has always ran nice speed figures and has never been worse than 2nd in her career. It isn't like she was a maiden special weight who ran up the track in all of her races lol. Nice filly, Turner :)
It's not the Turner's filly isn't talented, it's that if you looked at every race i was in this race would be by far the one i was most likely to win and i didn't. Which is a constant with the breed, Edgar on form is not better than Bondai, Get Off My Brandy was terribly off form and Igetgoing is probably the most talented Pacer so far yet he has ran second 13 times. Missile Roller can't hold a candle to the ability of Heart's Desire. The only one i won where i arguably could of been the favorite was Hot Show and that was mostly because the three year old filly division is pretty frigging sorry. My point has more to do with an over saturation of quality horses making things terribly random, like i said before, click the race viewer on just about any race, click photo finish and look at the margins, you'd think they were racing 200 yards. Holy Blood is far and away the exception and not even close to the rule.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Jake Yu
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Jake Yu »

From my analyze, Josh's horse dueled each other into defeat. All three of them were front speed horses in their previous races which went straight to the front. Not only that, but Josh's best horse, Rolled Dollar, was hung three wide for the majority of the race. Just like in real life racing, it may NOT be the best horse that wins but the one with the best trip. Had Shared Belief not be hung wide in the Awesome Again, he would've probably won by 10 lengths...
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

Jack Toward wrote:From my analyze, Josh's horse dueled each other into defeat. All three of them were front speed horses in their previous races which went straight to the front. Not only that, but Josh's best horse, Rolled Dollar, was hung three wide for the majority of the race. Just like in real life racing, it may NOT be the best horse that wins but the one with the best trip. Had Shared Belief not be hung wide in the Awesome Again, he would've probably won by 10 lengths...
Well let's set aside my actual point and just react to this absurdity. How can you see all three of my horse's forms going into the SC and think Rolled Dollar is better than Stoletheheat? At what point in any of Stoletheheat's starts has she shown speed? You do realize the winner was on the front end right?
Samuel Tilley
Sprinter

Post by Samuel Tilley »

Shortage of allowance races for 3-4 yr olds "Only" NW 3-4-5, and to further improve ..NW $30,000, $45,000, $69,000 for those same conditions are the problem. I wrote a 300-400 word response last night but it had timed out when I published.

End up with weak scaries winning the lottery in graded/non graded races, + weak & or aged scaries ruling claiming races for 3 yr olds and up which is a ridiculously huge pool of horses.

Were missing the allowance races that buffer the... I belong in claimers from the.... I belong in allowance to the.... I belong in Stakes & or graded races.

Any horse can win on any day and all that.... and we already know the parity is ridiculously close in Standardbred pacers.

I do this all the time...have to decide whether to put a scary 3yr old NW 3, NW $30,000 can train in 151.23 has won in 151.38 in a NW3 with a stakes winner of $278,000 (1:50.99) or two... that have dropped down for a "breather" or a $25,000 claimer (Could lose horse) or try to win the lottery in a short 5-6 horse stake field)

Of those options Id rather finish 5th & get a cheque in a stakes race, thats how the condition sheet reads in my mind & thus is partially the cause of Josh's displeasure

I retired my first decent stud horse the other day, so can everyone please have a look & see if he fits your mares. His mare is pretty outstanding & I think he's going to pass on on special grand-sire genes.
Time will tell...thanks

Getmoneylegacy
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=411368
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

Samuel Tilley wrote:Shortage of allowance races for 3-4 yr olds "Only" NW 3-4-5, and to further improve ..NW $30,000, $45,000, $69,000 for those same conditions are the problem. I wrote a 300-400 word response last night but it had timed out when I published.

End up with weak scaries winning the lottery in graded/non graded races, + weak & or aged scaries ruling claiming races for 3 yr olds and up which is a ridiculously huge pool of horses.

Were missing the allowance races that buffer the... I belong in claimers from the.... I belong in allowance to the.... I belong in Stakes & or graded races.

Any horse can win on any day and all that.... and we already know the parity is ridiculously close in Standardbred pacers.

I do this all the time...have to decide whether to put a scary 3yr old NW 3, NW $30,000 can train in 151.23 has won in 151.38 in a NW3 with a stakes winner of $278,000 (1:50.99) or two... that have dropped down for a "breather" or a $25,000 claimer (Could lose horse) or try to win the lottery in a short 5-6 horse stake field)

Of those options Id rather finish 5th & get a cheque in a stakes race, thats how the condition sheet reads in my mind & thus is partially the cause of Josh's displeasure

I retired my first decent stud horse the other day, so can everyone please have a look & see if he fits your mares. His mare is pretty outstanding & I think he's going to pass on on special grand-sire genes.
Time will tell...thanks

Getmoneylegacy
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=411368

Someone who gets even the slightest bit of my point, amazing.
Samuel Tilley
Sprinter

Post by Samuel Tilley »

Your a great breeder of quality horses Josh, jealous jealous jealous. I think changes will be made and hopefully you'll stick around.

As much as I cant stand losing to you even in an $8,000 claimer, this game's better with a villain haha
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

Samuel Tilley wrote:Your a great breeder of quality horses Josh, jealous jealous jealous. I think changes will be made and hopefully you'll stick around.

As much as I cant stand losing to you even in an $8,000 claimer, this game's better with a villain haha
I'm perfectly content with the Thoroughbred side of the game so i'm not going any where any time soon, i'm just done with Pacing.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Pete Vella wrote:This horse (Former SC winner Year 38) went from winning a G1 Y39 W 7, winning a G3 T39 W9 to finishing 6th in a non graded stakes Y39 W12.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=447905
http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=499839

And the horse that won that race didn't break his maiden until his 3rd start and only other win was a sponsored NW2.

It's everywhere. If pacing is broke then QH is broke, then everything else is broke.

Just the way the game goes.
The horse that won (mine) is a scary good galloper who has had a lot of BAD racing luck after losing his debut (a stakes) in a photo finish (to your horse). Just saying ... it was NOT a bad horse that beat your horse. I laid him off for a year to reset him and it paid off.. he came back the horse he always should've been.