Value?

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

Mike if you expect this horse to do well int hat race.. Ireally want some of what you are sniffing... you asked for..and received advice from several players... Yet you choose to disregard almost all of it.. I really wish you well... unfortunately , I don't think this Horse will be supporting your barn anytime soon.. (are you aware that bad management can cause a horse to die-it is really hard to recover from death)

you might want to look up..to the horse injury thread that was started by the Steward..I think that is totally germane to this situation...
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

k thanks.....for my main question though whats his value?
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Rayne Wyatt
Derby Contender

Post by Rayne Wyatt »

My thought on his Value Mike, is that you won't know until you give him enough rest - and put him in fields he stands a chance in. Throwing him in the deep end, on not enough rest, is not the best way to see what he's capable of - and until you know what he is capable off, it's hard to value him.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

mike eaton wrote: k thanks.....for my main question though whats his value?
Won't be anything dead.

If he gets rest then he might be worth more.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

You've asked me for advice before and I gave it to you. I spent a LOT of time to check through your entire stable once, and wrote out long information about every horse. And I just did the same with this one. Apparently the horse will end up getting hurt, because you won't listen. The poor horse ran a lot, but the thing that is REALLY hurting him (because he did not run in back to back to back weeks) is the fact that you shipped him all over the place. Shipping hurts a horse just as much as running him. And to ship him first to Canterbury, then to Argentina, all in the same day, completely will exhaust him.

So I am going to make sure I don't have any horses in your race, because I don't want him hurting any of MY horses.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

NikkiSherman wrote: You've asked me for advice before and I gave it to you. I spent a LOT of time to check through your entire stable once, and wrote out long information about every horse. And I just did the same with this one. Apparently the horse will end up getting hurt, because you won't listen. The poor horse ran a lot, but the thing that is REALLY hurting him (because he did not run in back to back to back weeks) is the fact that you shipped him all over the place. Shipping hurts a horse just as much as running him. And to ship him first to Canterbury, then to Argentina, all in the same day, completely will exhaust him.

So I am going to make sure I don't have any horses in your race, because I don't want him hurting any of MY horses.
Is that really over-running him that much though? The leading 2YO male right now has run just as many times. I wouldn't run a 2YO that often, but I'm not going to kill someone because they have.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I said that while it was running him a decent amount of times, the thing that concerned me the most was the shipping.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

yes i no i really think he will be ok this week and then i will give him at the least 4 weeks off at a farm thanks nikki i get what your saying but i scratched him and he still had to ship there so its too late for that i made a mistake
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Even though he is there, you could still keep him there and run him in another race. Even if you waited until Week 13, that would be safer than Week 12. He has pretty nice breeding, and especially since you are new, you really don't want to go messing up one of your best horses. While you may think he is safe, there are a couple of people here who really do care about you and your horses, so I really would listen to the people who are trying to help. We LIKE people to do well, because then we make friends that way!
Inspiration Stud
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

ooo ok well i think he should win easily and then be okay to race week 16...so i think he will do well and in the case he gets hurt im sorry i should have listened and i will learn from my mistake i always think you should learn o make mistakes
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

honestly I don't listen much to the vet, he told me I had a perfectly sound horse and I would see him in winners circle last week the horse finished 6th

the point is, I think this horse needs rest, he has been shipped to 2 different places today, I say he should not start until week 15, I say scratch him, and look forward to the future but for now this one needs rest, I use a 3 to 4 week schedule for my 2 yr olds, and with this new injury system and 2 races a week it will likely be a 4 week period for me, look at how I have raced Invade, last night was her 2nd start of the year, she raced in week 4 and now in week 10
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I swear this is the last time I am posting...but I had to say. Mike, have you looked at the other horses in the race?

Bounce, is trained by one of the most successful people in the game, first of all. Secondly, his mother is a real life multiple Grade 1 winner. He is also a half-brother to the winner of THREE races.

Lexington Road has absolutely gorgeous breeding as well. He is by Kentucky Trophy, and his mother not only was a winner, but is by one of the best sires and broodmare sires in the game, Conduit. And again, he is a half-brother to TWO winners, including one gelding who has won two races himself.

Shakes' mother was just sold for $200,000, and for good reason. Shakes is a half-brother to a winner, and is a granddaughter of the real life Grade 1 winner Honest Lady, who did very well herself as a mother in the SIM.

Silver Rain is a half-brother to TWO two-time winners, as well as a one-time winner. His mother is also a half-sister to a 3x stakes winner.

So this field has more than slouches. Plus, they are all well-rested. I would not expect a win. In fact, I'll even pull a Scott here (wow that felt weird to say, not Randall!), and eat my words if I'm wrong. But I won't be. The only way I'll be wrong is if everyone scratches their horses out of fear for their safety.
Inspiration Stud
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

ok well when they all scratch and i win with no problems happening to my horse it wont be my fault and i really think my horse can do good in that race sure they all have good breeding but its hard for horses not too theres so many good studs and we will just see
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

You can't win if everyone scratches, because there won't be a race.
Inspiration Stud
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

i can find one for it lol just kidding and im sure others in the race shouldnt worry
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)