'chasing Sires

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

Do you think if I bred to one of those sires listed above (how did you find out they are the leading producers?? ) do you think I would have a good chance at getting a chaser?

I'm confused. Do these stallions really produce chasers, or is it just by chance that more of their foals were randomly assigned good chasing ability?
Standing:
Passer: 20k(thoroughbred)
Pace On: 20k (pacer) SIMMY winner
Luck Now: 14k (pacer)
Zamil: 8k (arabian)
Hemingway: 8k (thoroughbred) SIMMY winner
Zimm's Gambler: 3k (appaloosa) SIMMY winner
Mr. Cellophane: 3k (quarter horse)
Foxed Knocks: 3k (trotter)
Zimm's Jolly Jim: 3k (appaloosa)
Gary Cooper

Post by Gary Cooper »

Breeding her to her strengths play into what you want to do with her. You might as well go a step better and get a proven sprinter for they make the best Chasers instead of just looking for a select few Chaser Studs whom might give you a good Chaser or maybe not. That Chaser stud came from a sprinter stud to begin with most likely. That is why I said pick yourself a good sprinter who will not cost you an arm and a leg, and you will have what you need. Plus he/she will race for three years before hand. Better chance that you get a better racer and chaser out of a good sprint stud, than you would out of just a Chaser stud.
Gary Cooper

Post by Gary Cooper »

Brianna McKenzie wrote: How on earth do you figure that? When the leading steeplechase sires are..

Canoe.
Really A Star
Storm Cat
Symbol
Giant's Causeway
Ground Zero
T M Awesome O
and Walkover

Not a single freaking sprinter on that list.
They may have been sired by... but the best Chasers running are former sprinters... Thats a fact
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Arguably the best Chaser in the game is Legendofthepeople. And his sire, People's Champion, was a router to the core I believe?
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

I'm not sure how I feel about that. It seems to me that as this game is a computer program, I'd be best off breeding to a horse who is known to sire chasers, because my foals chasing talent has to come from the 'numbers' each of its parents has. I think I read the steward mention somewhere a 15% slide in potential...

Unless the sprinter has good chasing potential, I'd have no chance of adding to my mares chasing ability
Standing:
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I have a premium account. Those kind of stats are included.

Storm Cat and Giant's Causeway are game points stallion. You could breed to them. T M Awesome O in still standing.

The leading ranked steeplechase who has the ability to stand stud is Solar Eclipse.

Editted to add..

Not one of the top 10 steeplechase horses were breed to sprint.
Gary Cooper

Post by Gary Cooper »

Legendofthepeople was the best in the game... it all changed. The best are the sprinters now. A horse won the other week that would have blown any time he ever put up. With the new Chaser system... Sprinters are going to start taking over the Chase.

lol... Whatever.....
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

I guess what part of my original question was-

Do sires like Giant's Causeway etc., who's offspring have won chases, actually pass on chasing 'genes' or were thier offsprings talent at chasing completely random? I've read the chasing ability was randomized in the beginning and all the horses currently racing were bred before chasing was introduced, right?

Do I need to wait to breed to a horse like Solar Eclipse who is proven to be a good chaser to make sure I get the good chasing 'genes'?

and are Hirapour and McDynamo supposed to have those genes?
Standing:
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

Is there a new chasing program? I missed that..
Standing:
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Awesome O I believe will be a nice chasing sire....given the way his get have been decently going. He stands for $6,500 and won't break anyone's budget! :)
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

I shall def. keep him in mind...
Standing:
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

jackjohns wrote: I'm confused. Do these stallions really produce chasers, or is it just by chance that more of their foals were randomly assigned good chasing ability?
The latter, I believe, but once the established chasers retire and start siring chase babies the list will better reflect who is a good steeplechase sire.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

I'm confused. Do these stallions really produce chasers, or is it just by chance that more of their foals were randomly assigned good chasing ability? 

The latter, I believe, but once the established chasers retire and start siring chase babies the list will better reflect who is a good steeplechase sire.
I hope I did the quote thing right... but anyway... thanks Sarah thats what I was trying to get at I think!
Standing:
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

jackjohns wrote: I guess what part of my original question was-

Do sires like Giant's Causeway etc., who's offspring have won chases, actually pass on chasing 'genes' or were thier offsprings talent at chasing completely random?  I've read the chasing ability was randomized in the beginning and all the horses currently racing were bred before chasing was introduced, right?

Do I need to wait to breed to a horse like Solar Eclipse who is proven to be a good chaser to make sure I get the good chasing 'genes'?

and are Hirapour and McDynamo supposed to have those genes?
Yes, chasing was completely randomized at first.

I assume, but have no idea if this is so really, that all retired stallions/mares were giving a chasing ability once steeplechasing was introduced. But, I don't think it has been long enough for us to see the true chasing reproduction abilities of all of those horses.

I think all the chasers running right now are still under the random talent thing... but I can't exactly remember when chasing came into the game. :ph34r:

But anyway, no one really knows who will make a good chasing sire right now- so going with a proven steeplechaser seems like the best idea to me.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

Ahh.. so the retired/never chased guys like Giant's Causeway, Awesome O could be passing on the chasing genes...

Boy that didn't occur to me. hah
Standing: