Upcomming Festivous

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Upcomming Festivous

Post by The Harlequins »

Forearmed Is Forewarned i quess,i forgot you said there were changes afoot.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

The reaction to the redefinition of the gallop comments is always extreme and always a waste of energy and emotion. If the definition of "wealthy" changed, you'd still have exactly the same amount of money and could keep up with the Jones' in the same manner, although it might give you a better idea of which neighborhood you could live in comfortably. Similarly, your horse will have exactly the same abilities AND you get the benefit of having a better idea of what neighborhood your horse should race in.

On the other hand....

Many owners rely on overall gallop comments to make some judgement of progress in their breeding program. In this regard, perhaps the change might be less stressful if the old gallop comments were included with the new gallops comments (only necessary for festivus gallops during the break). Something like

Horse xxxxx is a very special horse! For reference only, if this horse were galloped under the year 56 scale he would have galloped freak"
Last edited by Glenn Larson 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Being a bit naive here,will this change have no bearing on the workout times after 6 weeks, as to me in my short time here , they are the main numbers.and postion your horse is in.

Frank.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

Your horses will have exactly the same ability. Notwithstanding the normal variations, workout times should be unaffected.

It's important to recognize that horses don't always race the way they work!
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you Glenn
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

and now that finally have started to get some stakes horses in tm they will go back to being allowance
yes I know they still have the same level but for someone like me who only runs a horses who are a certain gallopp or better this means I must change how I think again and I am not all that good at thinking in the first place

I am not totally against it though and I do understand why this is being done
but will this change affect only those race classes that really need it or will it affect all?
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I have no issues about looking thick but is this about giving horses called late bloomers somewhere to go, or am i way of kilt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

It’s just so that a horses gallop actually reflects ability. Nothing to do with late bloomers.
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago I have no issues about looking thick but is this about giving horses called late bloomers somewhere to go, or am i way of kilt
I think it’s more because some stakes struggle to win stakes, some allowance struggle in allowance races, and in some divisions freaks struggle in G1s
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Are you kidding? I have a barn full of stakes that struggle to win low level claimers. Freaks that struggle in allowances. I view gallops as mostly meaningless. If I go strictly by gallops, this is far and away the best and strongest barn I have had. Yet, I'm having statically my worst season this year. I have a dozen freaks in the barn now. Only one, Beena's Gold, is legit. The rest are nothing special. Just nice horses that will likely never accomplish much on the big stage. I keep my enthusiasm tempered.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I love the adjustment. I have a bunch of horses who are stakes gallopers that should probably be allowance. If they do drop I know I was right and can change their race plans. If they don’t drop I’m doing something wrong (probably with distance) and can experiment more.

Also it gives me the chance to have an even more gleeful cull and I looooove the cull. My numbers are a bit high at the moment so things need the chop.
AT STUD
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago I have no issues about looking thick but is this about giving horses called late bloomers somewhere to go, or am i way of kilt
I think it’s more because some stakes struggle to win stakes, some allowance struggle in allowance races, and in some divisions freaks struggle in G1s
In some divisions freaks struggle in NW and allowances
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

It would be a great help if they take that great weight off their shoulders by being able to achieve the exact

A Freak is a competitive Freak who can win Stakes, be a champion, etc. everything that a Freak can achieve in his campaign

a claimer is a claimer to do everything that a claimer can achieve in his campaign

If a claimer jumps to Freak, that he becomes a 100% Freak (who can participate in the SCC, and still win to appear and fight the Other Freak) if this is achieved then the results are not so scary, and there would be no suffering and disappointment for your Freak who can't win a $ 12k claim in Alaska, and be claimed for $ 500
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Im going to guess that if you are a person that breeds a LOT of freaks typically, those barns are still going to breed a high number of freaks in the game still. So, that group of people... dont worry, you'll be fine! Im not regalloping any of my freaks LOL having no freaks makes me have anxiety and I dont think I could deal without having a breakdown over it. Perfectionism is a mean mean thing and yes, I have had panic attacks over far less things in life.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago Im going to guess that if you are a person that breeds a LOT of freaks typically, those barns are still going to breed a high number of freaks in the game still. So, that group of people... dont worry, you'll be fine! Im not regalloping any of my freaks LOL having no freaks makes me have anxiety and I dont think I could deal without having a breakdown over it. Perfectionism is a mean mean thing and yes, I have had panic attacks over far less things in life.
well I think the most exact ones are sought

In my opinion it is better to have 5 Freaks that you know will be productive than to have 20 who will do nothing in life

The maximum I have had in my first season was a Stakes, which I retired at 3 years old this season did not show anything at all, but it is a relief that it is a Blue Hen

Today I have 3 Stakes in my stable, and I don't know if in exchange they will continue to be Stakes, but I know they will give me their chance
if they are still Stakes, then they will have a chance at some Grade Stakes, and normal Stakes

since they already have their classification, because if their quality is not subject to their gallop label, then the change does not work, and everything will remain the same

I believe that it is better for each person to have the most exact ones each time they have their results.

If you have claimer, and they improve you will know that you have something better in that change

because something exact almost perfect was created

and I think it's better to laugh, than to cry

eat than be hungry :)