St. Nicholas Day Farm Contest!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

My favorite shoes are my old black timberland winter boots.

Why? - they are my favorite because they helped me gain my best friend Danielle! So I wore them to school and while waling near this complete stranger girl randomally these boots get caught together ( the bootlace was caught in the boot ) amd I fall. The girl laughs at me so bad i was so grrr u but she helped me up and was like maybe you should fix that shoe. We started talking and becuase of my boots we became best friends to this day! ( They dont fit me but I will always keep them).
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I used to wear my favorite pair of flip flops EVERYWHERE...even to work. They were the most comfortable shoes EVER. When I would get blisters from a pair of nicer shoes the days I was forced to dress up, I would then be "forced" to wear my flip flops until the blisters would heal. One day I was wearing my flip flops at work, and was walking from the copy machine to my desk. Suddenly...I had no shoe! I turned around, and saw my shoe laying a few steps behind me, utterly defeated. I'd worn the shoe to death, and the strap had completely snapped off. So, for the rest of the day (and take note that this happened in the MORNING) I had to pretend nothing was wrong, while I walked around with one shoe on...and the other foot bare. Talk about feeling ridiculous! And I still haven't been able to replace those shoes!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

my favorite pair of shoes have to be my old hiking shoes, which to this day I still use

I bought them a few years ago from walmart of all places, was looking for something cheap because at the time I was broke. well I found a pair and I think I paid something like 30 dollars which for hiking shoes is cheap up here. I was going to victoria and we always tend to do a lot of hiking so within a week of buying these shoes looked about ten years old covered in mud, wet, and anything you can think of I put them to the test, it took 3 years before the first tare started to appear, and now they make a great pair of comfy shoes I can use to do my shopping in, I am now breaking in another this time more expensive pair but they don't match the comfort of my old reliables
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Bill Oelrich
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Bill Oelrich »

my favorite pair of old shoes are actually boots. My grandpa had them and they were knee high hip boots. He wore them everywhere like when he minnow trapped and trapped beaver and stuff. We were best friends and he used to take me everywhere with him just so he had someone to talk to. Then he passed away in 1993 and my grandma gave them to me. I wore them whenever I would go outside until I outgrew them. I still have them to this day because they remind me of my grandpa. Dont ask where they are cuz I really dont know but I know they are here...lol...thats my story
Zinfandel's Story turf router stud fee: $20k
Beyond the Stars dirt miler to router stud fee: $25k
China Grove paint 350 yrds to 400 yrds - stud fee: $10k
Red Pine Appaloosa 870 yrds - stud fee: $10k
Wii turf sprinter stud fee: $10k
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Do slippers count? If so, my favorite pair are my big old clonkin' Goofy slippers. They were a high school graduation present from a friend and saw 4 years of hard wear in college. They don't have any type of grip on the sole, so "ice skating" was always a great way to get around the cold linoleum floors of my dorm room.

A boyfriend stepped on one of Goofy's floppy ears and tore it off. Fortunately my mom was able to perform surgery, and Goofy still has all his ears. The boyfriend got an earful, and the relationship didn't last much longer.

My old bunny, George, fell in love with Goofy (in a none too platonic way). Duke, the mini pinscher one of my roommates would dog sit also love Goofy, but in a more rough housing and brotherly way. The Goofy slippers made the trek through my first two or three apartments when I started working before the soles finally gave up the ghost.

I have never had another pair of shoes I loved so much or with which I had so many memories.

I wonder if the Disney store still sells them. But then, replacements wouldn't be the same.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

<_< Gosh, favorite shoes?

I can't say that I've ever had favorite shoes. And the following statement isn't meant as a complaint, but I've gotta believe this Contest is slanted towards the lovely ladyfolk of the Sim. But that isn't going to keep me from turning in an entry.

Boy, I'd really love a farm, and since I have no story about my favorite shoes, I'll present the following poem: :P

Save My Sole

When pondering what should next adorn my feet,
I'll pick a pair and take a seat.
Are they comfy?
Not too lumpy?
And not make my credit card overheat?

I'm not what you'd call a stylish guy,
Why do shoes make a woman sigh?
A primal urge?
A fiscal purge?
I'm a candidate for those guys from * Eye.

Shopping for shoes usually includes the mall,
I'd rather ski naked through a winter squall.
The shoes for me,
Absolutely,
I swear on my sole, are none at all.

Good luck to all!

Leo
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

I cant believe you beat me to it Leonard! Oh well... as soon as i can figure out how to get a picture on here i'll post mine...lol. Great idea Em!
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

My favorite pair of shoes... hmmm this is really a tough one. But they would have to be a pair of flip flops I got.

I was shopping and you know how they have those light up shoes for kids? Well I think their cool and well I was in the shoe store and I found these light up flip flops! For $2! It was awesome. I remember thinking I hope they fit me, and they did! It was the last pair. Well I wore those flip flops everywhere, to the barn (when I wasn't actually handling horses), to school, to be beach, and finally this summer the lights gave out after about 5 years of wearing them. I still have them though as they are my favorite shoes and the coolest ever in blue and green.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Can we have a contest for guys to balance this one out? Maybe coolest scar, or most times leaving the seat up consecutively?
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Daryl Dennis wrote: Can we have a contest for guys to balance this one out? Maybe coolest scar, or most times leaving the seat up consecutively?
Yeah! How about the "Best recipe to eat over the sink" "Best beer drinking story" "Best video game experience while sober/drunk" and my favorite "The most daring place you've ever.....

Played on the SIM. (you ALL thought I was going to go someplace bad. ALL OF YOU DID! you were WRONG! WRONG!!!!)
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

Daryl Dennis wrote: Can we have a contest for guys to balance this one out?  Maybe coolest scar, or most times leaving the seat up consecutively?
My favorite scar involved me getting pushed off a dock in the middle of the FREEZING Puget Sound and scraping my foot on a barnacle on the way down. That really hurt, and was at least 12 years ago now, and I still have a giant scar from it! Okay, not giant, but still.

And my favorite drunk video game story was that time I mastered Free Bird on hard (in Guitar Hero) and then puked up the really old Canadian whiskey that came in a plastic bottle that my friend insisted we had to drink before graduation! That stuff just...did not sit right.

And, erm, my shoe story is forthcoming...eventually.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

There is now a picture of my fuzzy boots in my original post lol.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

My favorite pair of shoes have (has?) no story.

One pair makes me shake my head every time I think of them though.

I went to Rome this summer, and decided I needed some nice Italian leather shoes. I saw a pair in the window of a store- they were black ballet flats with lots of little holes in them and a buckle on the toe. (If you're not all clued into me being a girl yet- now's a good time to know that!)

I had no ballet flats and thought it'd be nice to have a pair to sort of dress up what I wear without going for heels.
And I was in Italy- why not get some nice Italian leather ones!
So I went in the store to try them on after a couple of times passing by on our way to see the Forum and all the other good Roman things.

Anyway, the guy helps me figure out my size- and they don't have the ones with the buckle in my size. However, they have them in a heel version. They also have a flat version with a bow. I think and think and think and walk around the store and look at all the other shoes and think "do I want to spend my money on the shoes that aren't the original ones I wanted"
Well I decided, I'm in Italy- I wanted flats- they're Italian leather- why not.
So I get the flats, thinking I have just bought nice Italian leather shoes that I will get a ton of mileage out of and a reminder of my trip everytime I wear them.

Alas, the shoes are by a company called Bronx and are made in Brazil. I wore them to dinner that night and I had blisters for the rest of my time in Italy.
Everytime I try to wear them (even with bandages) I get blisters.
They are not comfy at all.
They are not Italian
They were a waste of 60 euro or whatever it was I spent (too much!)

But they are pretty. Mine are black Image
Standing:
Passer: 20k(thoroughbred)
Pace On: 20k (pacer) SIMMY winner
Luck Now: 14k (pacer)
Zamil: 8k (arabian)
Hemingway: 8k (thoroughbred) SIMMY winner
Zimm's Gambler: 3k (appaloosa) SIMMY winner
Mr. Cellophane: 3k (quarter horse)
Foxed Knocks: 3k (trotter)
Zimm's Jolly Jim: 3k (appaloosa)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I guess I forgot to mention the trick to this one: I. HATE. SHOES.

You all know I love socks. I HATE shoes. So getting me to fall in love with your shoe story is tricky!

No girl bias here.... shoes are ridiculous.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG