South Park Contest - Winners Announced

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ramey Furney
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Ramey Furney »

I chose Farewellinthedark to be the dam of South Park. She has both Priceless Forever and Fighting With Wit in her pedigree which Oak Park has proven he crosses well with. Also Farewellinthedark's oldest foal, Favorite Girl is a multiple Graded Stakes winner of $777,500 and ran third in this years Steward's Cup Distaff so Farewellinthedark is off to a great start as a broodmare.

Farewellinthedark also fits with the South Park theme as her dam's name is Goodbyenotforever and poor Kenny seems to die in almost every episode I've seen.
Sires

Crown Thy King~ Freak Streak~ Fire Strike~ Struck Fire
Malik
Penned in Ink~ corgi
Ghost Pepper

New Sire for Year 47 ~ Sparksfly Wildside
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

My choice is: Don'tletgothedream

The main reason is the pedigree. Since she is by Symbol, this cross would be similar to the cross that gave us our defending Louisville Derby champion Braveheart. This cross is responsible for 4 of the top 6 runners on Oak Park's top 15 list. This mare also showed the ability to go longer than one mile by winning at 9 furlongs. Plus, she carries Loki Masterpiece, who was another excellent router. I just feel that Oak Park X Don'tletgothedream - Symbol is an awesome cross that will make for an awesome dirt routing foal!
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I think that the foal should be out of Looks Like Trouble. Because, really, what else can you asscociate with those South Park kids, but trouble. From killing Kenny, to off color jokes, to sensual innuendos, to devil worship to conjuring the dead, and video game overload these kids define trouble.

There is also no inbreeding in the immediate generations and you get to cross some hot mommas in there.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Thanks to everyone who entered! Great entries, and I'll be looking them over. I'll post the winners, and introduce South Park, sometime today or tomorrow. Thanks again!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Update: Man, this has been tough! I'm almost done with the selections - I've wavered between four different mares all weekend, so I hope to post the winners soon!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Finally! This was way, way tough. But, after spending way more time than I probably needed to going back and forth, this is how the photo finish shook out:

Mark Rhodes (Feature Race)
Bill Deitch (Don'tletgothedream)
Alysse Jacobs (Stars That Mystify)
Matt Wilson (Unbridled Madness).

Mark, keep an eye on your inbox, I'll be sending a list of 10 mares for you to look at. Pick which one you want a foal out of, and I'll breed the foal and send it to you. I'll send the remaining nine to Bill, eight to Alysse, and seven to Matt. Thanks to everyone who participated - it was tough getting down to four, let alone one!

Laura
Jeff Baldridge
Two Year Old

Post by Jeff Baldridge »

Itjustuandmebaby - Sounds like something you'd hear Chef singing.