Very Nice

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Re: Very Nice

Post by John Slotmon »

Hey! There's a Very Nice Stakes Week Five Friday at Adolescent Acres! Very Nice!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Very Nice got back on track with a reasonably decent effort in Japan of all places. Apparently, she is a speed horse now somehow, and I think sprinting might be in her future.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Very Nice avenged her worst-ever finish with a win over Hidden Kisses in Singapore in week 13. Now, time to make a decision: head back to the Steward's Cup again or stick around in Asia to close out the season...
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Very Nice ended her year 24 season with a very close loss to the boys sprinting in Japan. Because I don't feel like retiring her and I'm apparently intent on ruining all of my good horses, I think Very Nice will return to racing as a 5yo in Year 25.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Wow, Very Nice is truly honored to not only have been awarded her second SIMMY, but also to have been interviewed by Melissa Mae for TFR. Thanks to all who voted for her, and we hope to be back for another next season.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

So Ashley killed Jolly Good earlier this year, but that didn't stop Hand of God from making his dam a two-time producer of a Steward's Cup winner. I still have to wonder where she'd lie in the pantheon of great racemares of the new SIM had a filly/mare turf sprint been available in Years 19 and 20. Jolly Good for Hall of Fame!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I really don't have anything to say about Very Nice (BFD), but would like to put in a plug for the first ever son of Jolly Good to hit the breeding shed in Mind the Gap. I have no idea how he'll produce, but he's a son of Performing Tricks, and unless you have one of the two Jolly Good colts in my barn, he'll be the only chance you'll ever have to breed to a male descendant of the immortal Jolly Good. So go send him mares and make Melissa money.