Arabian Workouts!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Arabian Workouts!

Post by Ronda Figal »

Ian Nicastrin wrote:Guys, I would go easy on your Arabs with the workouts. Racing Arabs takes patience...

Since they dont race until 3, I would suggest we don't work out 1 yos ever... unless you want to see more of this: 51.58 (Ashara, 1yoF) **injured**. Although you should probably know by now that you shouldnt even be working out 1 yo TBs before week 4 or 5, because they have like a 50% chance of being injured. I also figure we should be careful with the 2 yos, and probably start the 2 yo workouts later in the season... maybe treat 2 yo Arabs like you would a 1 yo TB?

And guys, no one is going to buy your 2 yo colts on the sale page for 50k, especially with 53 and change 4f workouts. Try about half that.

in real life the 2yr old arabs start their baby works in late summer to fall.. so i plan to follow suit..
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

I've got a few Arabians and all but my most recent have had their 1st workouts.

Here are their names and Times:

Afya (Yearling-Filly) | 4 furlongs Dirt - 00:53.24

Anak Nakal (2 y.o.-Colt) | 4 furlongs Dirt - 00:53.44

Ashara (Yearling-Filly) | 4 furlongs Dirt - 00:51.58
*I'm trying to decide on whether to retire her or only
lightly race her before I retire due to her having an
entrapped Epiglottis

Mutalammi Khayaala (2 y.o.-Filly) | 00:51.96

I also have a 2 year old Arabian Colt for sale if anyone is interested, he hasn't had a workout yet, and so is ready to do with as you please. His name is Elusive Desiree and his current price is $50k but I am willing to negoiate his price so just let me know.

Katie
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

Im not sure if you can name a horse of one breed after a famous racing horse of a different breed? I'm going to guess that is a no go and that horse is going to get renamed.
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

Ian Nicastrin wrote:Im not sure if you can name a horse of one breed after a famous racing horse of a different breed? I'm going to guess that is a no go and that horse is going to get renamed.
First, I Just want to say that I understand why there is a naming policy in place on the SIM as well as in RL for TBs and that I'm not trying to start any arguements over the fact. As for the naming policies on the SIM I do know that the Thoroughbreds cannot be named after their "famous" counterparts on the SIM to keep from infringing on any trademark or copyrights in place. I also know that the Jockey Club does have a naming policy (as do all horse registries) in place that states each registered horse with the Jockey Club has to have a nmae that no other horse has. However, the Jockey Club rules also state that the names of horses over 10 years of age can be used if they have not been used during the preceding 5 years either for breeding or racing. The exceptions are as follows:

Names of horses over ten years old may be eligible for use if they are not excluded under Rule 6(F) and have not been used during the preceding five years either for breeding or racing.
Names of horses that were never used for breeding or racing may be available for use five years from the date of their death as reported.

F. The following classes of names are not eligible for use:
1. Names consisting of more than 18 letters (spaces and punctuation marks count as letters);
2. Names consisting entirely of initials such as C.O.D., F.O.B., etc.;
3. Names ending in "filly," "colt," "stud," "mare," "stallion," or any similar horse-related term;
4. Names consisting entirely of numbers. Numbers above thirty may be used if they are spelled out;
5. Names ending with a numerical designation such as "2nd" or "3rd," whether or not such a designation is spelled out;
6. Names of living persons unless written permission to use their name is on file with The Jockey Club;
7. Names of persons no longer living unless approval is granted by The Jockey Club based upon a satisfactory written explanation submitted to the Registrar;
8. Names of racetracks or graded stakes races;
9. Names clearly having commercial, artistic or creative significance;
10. Names that are suggestive or have a vulgar or obscene meaning; names considered in poor taste; or names that may be offensive to religious, political or ethnic groups;
11. Names that appear to be designed to harass, humiliate or disparage a specific individual, group of individuals or entity;
12. Names that are currently active either in racing or breeding (see Rule6(E));
13. Names of winners in the past 25 years of grade one stakes races;
14. Permanent names. The list of criteria to establish a permanent name is as follows:
a. Horses in racing's Hall of Fame;
b. Horses that have been voted Horse of the Year;
c. Horses that have won an Eclipse Award;
d. Horses that have won a Sovereign Award (Canadian Champions);
e. Annual leading sire and broodmare sire by progeny earnings;
f. Cumulative money winners of $2 million or more;
g. Horses that have won the Kentucky Derby, Preakness, Belmont Stakes, The Jockey Club Gold Cup, the Breeders' Cup Classic or the Breeders' Cup Turf; and
h. Horses included in the International List of Protected Names.
15. Names similar in spelling or pronunciation to the classes of names listed in Rule 6(F) 6-14 above.
G. In addition to the provisions of this Rule 6, the Registrar of The Jockey Club reserves the right of approval on all name requests.

Beyond the above I don't know of any reason that the naming rule would apply to a horse with the same name that is of a different breed. So, I wouldn't think that would apply to a horses of a totally different breed. I could be wrong but I don't see where that would be a problem. Unless the name has been included in the International List of Protected Names, but I think that only applies to Thoroughbreds registered with the Jockey Club and I don't think it includes all breeds unless the name has been copyrighted or trademarked. Again I could be wrong and I'll have to read the International List of Protected Names regulations to find out.

I do know that there are horses of various breeds in RL with the same name and I have not heard of any problems/conflicts caused by the name for the horse or the horse's owner(s).

However, if the need arises where I'll have to change my horse's name due to any "conflict" or problem I don't have a problem with that and will do so :wink:

Though I must say that I really like the meaning of the name that I've chosen as well as the pronounciation. And would hate to have to change it just because the name belongs to a horse of a totally different breed. :(
Thats life and if I have to change it then as I said earlier I'll do so :)

Katie
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
T. Fanska
Miler

Post by T. Fanska »

AHA only says name must not be identical to a name already registered, must not excede 21 characters includong spaces, must not excede 4 groups, and must contain only letters and (2 or 3 specific non-alpha characters)

All breed pedigree search shows only one Anak Nakal - 2005, TB. I'd still be careful with it though; Funny Cide's name got trademarked by the syndicate and ther's no telling who else might also be.

as far as workouts I'm gonna go crawl under a rock as my 2 yo colt posted 23:1 4f dt 0:54.12
Now standing Fandango Year 23 and 24 fee: $1,000
#2 Breedable Son of SC Mile Winner and European Champion Two Year Old: Duel of the Stars