Breeders' Cup 2009

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeders' Cup 2009

Post by The Steward »

LAX or Burbank works, just as time gets closer fill some of the other Simsters in on your travel plans so we can make sure someone gets you.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

I am flying into Bob Hope ... it looks reasonably close ... and it was the lowest priced ...

Anyone see any issue with this?
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Bob Hope (Burbank) is great, it's really close to the track.

Will you be joining us for dinner and bowling? :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

The bus ride from LAX to Van Nuys is pretty easy! Although it's sad to leave from Van Nuys to go to LAX....
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Jolene Danner wrote:The bus ride from LAX to Van Nuys is pretty easy! Although it's sad to leave from Van Nuys to go to LAX....
Gah! That was so sad!
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

The Steward wrote:Bob Hope (Burbank) is great, it's really close to the track.

Will you be joining us for dinner and bowling? :-)

Bowling!! I want to go bowling..

But we won't make the same mistake as last year staying in Ontario. It was nice, but blah.. too far.
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

But we won't make the same mistake as last year staying in Ontario. It was nice, but blah.. too far.
I thought you were ditching us for OK City? I think you guys should either look into a hotel near Arcadia, or one near Em's house, since most of the sim bonding does tend to occur at or near the Shield's residence.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

GA has been lowered to $10, which is YAY.

Depending on where I am living in October, I may be able to offer up some hotel space on a floor or couch. But I can't say until I've moved out of the parents' house.

No matter where I live, I'm going to be a bit more picky than Em about who can stay with me. No offense, as I'm sure you're all wonderful house guests, but I don't have a big strong Dave to keep me safe like Em.
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

Ian Nicastrin wrote:

I thought you were ditching us for OK City? I think you guys should either look into a hotel near Arcadia, or one near Em's house, since most of the sim bonding does tend to occur at or near the Shield's residence.
I don't know yet. it depends on how the schedules hit and whether or not I'll be able to ride. As of right now I'm planning to try to go to CA.. but I'd really like to ride at World if I have the opportunity.. if I don't have to earn all the points, etc.
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Like Ali I may be able to offer up couch/floor space when the time comes, not sure about what my living situation will be then as my lease is up in August. However, I live a grand total of like 15 mins away from LAX so i'll happily play SIM Taxi if that's needed. I can do that for Burbank or Long Beach airports as well.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

I will be there, for saturday. My favorite day at the track, by far : )
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

As Emily posted on the front page of SIM, Southwest Airlines made it real tough to pass.

I'm coming Thursday night, leaving Monday morning!
Room help?
Someone to pick me up and drive me around for 3+ days?
I'm in for all get-togethers!
And I wanna see Del Mar and Hollywood if possible?
And I wanna see ALL SIMSTERS!

:)
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I booked my plane ticket, however i ponied up an extra $100 over the Southwest fare. I hate layovers and they were in Chicago and Denver in November. That didn't seem smart.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Leonard Beagle wrote:As Emily posted on the front page of SIM, Southwest Airlines made it real tough to pass.

I'm coming Thursday night, leaving Monday morning!
Room help?
Someone to pick me up and drive me around for 3+ days?
I'm in for all get-togethers!
And I wanna see Del Mar and Hollywood if possible?
And I wanna see ALL SIMSTERS!

:)
You are going to be hard pressed to get someone to drive you to Del Mar. It's a good three hours from Santa Anita. The Pacific Surfliner will get you there, though, if you're interested in taking the train.

If you're flying into LAX, just look out the window as you land. You'll see it Hollywood! J/k. I'd just ask whoever picks you up to swing you by. It's maybe 10 minutes from the airport.