Breeder's Cup 2011

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeder's Cup 2011

Post by Leonard Beagle »

So, anyone interested, I need to start collecting a head count.
Who is in for a visit to Spendthrift Farm a day or two before the BC? I'm not sure if SIM is sponsoring another race at Churchill again this year....Steward?

Ready for a great time with great people again this year!
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Leonard Beagle wrote:So, anyone interested, I need to start collecting a head count.
Who is in for a visit to Spendthrift Farm a day or two before the BC? I'm not sure if SIM is sponsoring another race at Churchill again this year....Steward?

If you do it on Thursday, I'm in. I'll mostly likely be there from Wednesday to either monday or tuesday. Or I may just stay there forever. I also have an e-mail in to Three Chimneys to see if they are having some sort of open house or something BC week/weekend.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Leonard Beagle wrote:So, anyone interested, I need to start collecting a head count.

I don't know about the SIM race - I don't *think* so. Laura Ferguson set it up last year, I was just along for the ride. I still don't even know if/when we are having a SIM dinner... is there interest? After last year, my whole thought process about the BC is completely blocked, it was almost ludicrously bad!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

The Steward wrote:

I don't know about the SIM race - I don't *think* so. Laura Ferguson set it up last year, I was just along for the ride. I still don't even know if/when we are having a SIM dinner... is there interest? After last year, my whole thought process about the BC is completely blocked, it was almost ludicrously bad!
PIZZA PARTY! Not really (wait... could we do that? :lol: )
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I am up for anything, even kidnapping Dynaformer jk
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I may have volunteered to help with Lane's End stallions, but I'm not going near Dynafinger.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

I'm not sure how many people are expressing interest but I *PLAN* on taking Thursday before and Monday after off (and Sunday, as usual) so I can take a herd down too if needed.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

The Steward wrote: I still don't even know if/when we are having a SIM dinner... is there interest? After last year, my whole thought process about the BC is completely blocked, it was almost ludicrously bad!
SIM Dinner yes!
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Totally down with a visit to see Spendthrift again! First time I went it was raining and terrible weather. Vinery was so friendly! But as shocking as it may be got people to believe, Lanes End will be the first farm I visit!!! I mean PP isn't just going to horsenap himself!!! ;)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Louise Bayou wrote:

Totally down with a visit to see Spendthrift again! First time I went it was raining and terrible weather. Vinery was so friendly! But as shocking as it may be got people to believe, Lanes End will be the first farm I visit!!! I mean PP isn't just going to horsenap himself!!! ;)
Does anyone know if Lane's End is doing the Sunday open house again?
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Just read on the Farmer's Almanac that it's supposed to be "unseasonably cold" around Breeders' Cup time, so heads up, be ready for cold weather!
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Erin Sanderson wrote:Just read on the Farmer's Almanac that it's supposed to be "unseasonably cold" around Breeders' Cup time, so heads up, be ready for cold weather!
The meteorologists can't be accurate as to the weather for THIS week... let alone a month and a half from now....

Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Erin Sanderson wrote:Just read on the Farmer's Almanac that it's supposed to be "unseasonably cold" around Breeders' Cup time, so heads up, be ready for cold weather!
Are you sure you aren't reading LAST YEAR'S version?
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Three Chimneys is having an open house on Nov 2nd (that wednesday) from 10-1 if anyone is interested in going. I'm thinking of flying out tuesday night if people want to go and I can bum a ride off someone.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Melissa Mae wrote:Three Chimneys is having an open house on Nov 2nd (that wednesday) from 10-1 if anyone is interested in going. I'm thinking of flying out tuesday night if people want to go and I can bum a ride off someone.
I've got some candy. Want to ride with me? :twisted: