Breeders Cup 2012

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeders Cup 2012

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

If I were to arrive at LAX Thursday night at around 9pm, would someone be close by to pick me up? And is there a group going in on hotel rooms this year?

I'm figuring out if I'll have the time/money to go...
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I am about 90% sure I won't be able to attend, but I'm not taking it off the table entirely yet.

For those flying Southwest, I recommend flying into and staying in Burbank if possible, it will make life easier while you're there.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Ditto with Paul definitely! Most Angelenos avoid LAX unless it's absolutely impossible. But if you do land there, pack plenty of gum to chew on the way down. The noise restrictions make the descents quite steep. You do get a nice view of Hollywood Park towards the end. :)

November, at night you might see some brush fires too.

That said, Burbank is a much more sane alternative to LAX (and actually the Southwest area is often quiet) which is a zoo on the best days and I only fly out if I'm going out of Bradley terminal. I used that airport quite a bit this spring and I was impressed by how much easier it is than LAX. Southwest in general was quite a bit better than I remember (even the seating system of "blocks" opposed to seats) and I thought it better than United and American (if that's still around).
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Well I was looking at airfare from Salt Lake City. It's about $150-$200 more expensive to fly into Burbank compared to LAX and I'd have layovers rather than a direct flight. Considering I have a 3 1/2 hr drive just to SLC, I'd rather not spend all day in airports; my goal is to make my morning classes on Thursday and arrive Thurs night.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

We are flying in to LAX from New Orleans, I liked the direct flight more than being close to Burbank to be honest. My friend lived out there for almost 30 years so she will be able to get us around fine. We arrive at 1:30pm I think so hopefully we miss a bit of the traffic. Her condo is very close to the track as well, so the commute to the track each morning will be next to nothing. Can't wait!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

I've booked in leave from the 31st October to 7 November. So I think this trip looks like it might go ahead. Haven't booked flights or know any details about what I'll do once I'm there though
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

What you'll do is everything awesome!!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Heather Conn
Miler

Post by Heather Conn »

I'll be there :]
Eddie Trent
Derby Contender

Post by Eddie Trent »

I'll be there... still debating on driving to/from Palm Springs each day. WHOOHOO!!!
Alpaca yr 31 Steward's Cup Turf Dash Winner. Standing in MD for $20,000
Opening Day Slam multiple graded stakes wins. For turf router mares, Standing in FL for $10,000.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Disneyland Sunday? Anyone?
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

I will be there! Fly in Wednesday afternoon then fly out Monday night, cannot wait!
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Bought tickets offically...coming in on the Wednesday 31st and leaving LA the 5th. If anyone is keen to meet up...feel free to get in touch. Also San Fran from 5th - 9th if anyone lives there

p.s. I need a hotel for the breeders cup weekend so if anyone is interested and is ok with sharing rooms with people they know solely through the internet...let me know.
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K