'chasing Sires

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

Well, I'm scratching her from the stakes, and will wait for another filly/mare race at Jump Downs in a week or two so I dont overrace the lady.. then she will be bred to T M Awesome O or Hirapour this year.
Standing:
Passer: 20k(thoroughbred)
Pace On: 20k (pacer) SIMMY winner
Luck Now: 14k (pacer)
Zamil: 8k (arabian)
Hemingway: 8k (thoroughbred) SIMMY winner
Zimm's Gambler: 3k (appaloosa) SIMMY winner
Mr. Cellophane: 3k (quarter horse)
Foxed Knocks: 3k (trotter)
Zimm's Jolly Jim: 3k (appaloosa)
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

jackjohns wrote: Ahh.. so the retired/never chased guys like Giant's Causeway, Awesome O could be passing on the chasing genes...

Boy that didn't occur to me. hah
Well that's what I am assuming, anyway. Could be off the mark there, though.

But if they can pass it along... I don't believe they have offspring old enough just yet to be recognized as horses who inherited their chasing talent (or lack of!).

:)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Murray McNickle
Turf Router

Post by Murray McNickle »

maybe racing another year or two for the checks and saving that money up for a proven chaser once they retire, my roomie has a chaser still intact and there are others that are not geldings that are winning stakes, It's just that chasers can race til there 10 and if your chaser continues to win and place in stakes thats good money over the course of the long haul. Another thing, I was thinking that the randomized chasing ability was only applied to horses that actually participated in the jumps, so did the sires already standing get this random chasing code too? (chasing started year 18)
Nothing, absolutely nothing...
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

Oh I didnt' realize they could chase until 10... maybe she should race another year or so
Standing:
Passer: 20k(thoroughbred)
Pace On: 20k (pacer) SIMMY winner
Luck Now: 14k (pacer)
Zamil: 8k (arabian)
Hemingway: 8k (thoroughbred) SIMMY winner
Zimm's Gambler: 3k (appaloosa) SIMMY winner
Mr. Cellophane: 3k (quarter horse)
Foxed Knocks: 3k (trotter)
Zimm's Jolly Jim: 3k (appaloosa)
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Considering that there have been no horses bred since steeplechasing started in the SIM that are currently running in the series...they are all still operating on random ability...

It won't be til year 22 that we start seeing who the actual good steeplechase sires are...

And...to the person who said Legendofthepeople was the best...nice try. He's still 7 for 8.
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

At the moment my horse SOLAR ECLIPSE is the top rated entire Chaser in the SIM.
If i was to stand him at Stud what sort of interest do you think he would get?
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Norman Architecture wrote: At the moment my horse SOLAR ECLIPSE is the top rated entire Chaser in the SIM.
If i was to stand him at Stud what sort of interest do you think he would get?
Considering he's one of only 3 horses to ever beat LOTP...I'd put him at least at 50,000. He could probably be worth 100,000 if you ever got him a Grade I.

At least, that's what I would pay...and if you put him to stud, I will breed to him, I'll tell you that right now...
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

I think you'd be hardpressed to get a lot of mares to him at the range Patten suggested. The biggest steeplechase purse is what? $750,000? So $375,000 to the winner? Odds are you're not going to get a foal that's terribly useful on the flat, so you're eating day rates and board until the horse is 4. It's unclear how much interest there is in actually breeding for steeplechasers to begin with, given the wait. And at $50,000-$100,000 you're in the realm of some of the best at stud... and most of them are proven sires.

As to the original question... I admittedly biasedly highly endorse <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1594' target='_blank'>Runaway</a> as a steeplechase sire. He now has 5 'chasing offspring... they've run a combined 15 times, accounting for 10 wins, including a G1.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

How about noble causeway hehe =)
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)