St. Nicholas Day Farm Contest!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

Oh, I know exactly what shoe story to tell!

In high school, I made the mistake of buying a completely ridiculous and very tacky pair of those Old Navy flip flops, you know, the ones you can get for $3 at the right time of year? I bought them because they were cheap and because they were actually a really pretty shade of blue, which is one of my favorite colors. Of course, since they were the kind with 1-inch thick soles, it was not only nearly impossible to walk while wearing them, but the style quickly went out of fashion as well, so I only wore them maybe 2 times.

Then I arrived at college my freshman year, and it was with disbelief and slight horror that I discovered I would be sharing a hall bathroom (2 shower stalls and 2 toilets) with 23 other girls. Yes, 24 people to 1 bathroom! Needless to say, it was not an ideal living situation. Luckily, I had for some reason thought to grab those tacky blue flip flops from the back of my closet as I was packing, figuring I'd just wear them around the dorm or something. Right away, they became my "shower shoes"...that was definitely a time when those 1-inch soles came in handy! That original pair is long gone now, but I bought one just like them every year I lived on campus. They are my favorite shoes because they saved my bare feet from the who-knows-what on the floor of a college communal bathroom! ;)
Easy Favorite Stables
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

When I was little, we had this babysitter named Maria. She was probably really attractive, but I was 8 and girls were stupid then.

I have two younger brothers - Marcus and Adam - who liked to play one-on-one football in the living room, with me serving as referee and universal quarterback.

Maria got really mad because one of my errant QB throws smashed a picture frame in our living room so she made us go to bed early.

We could not let this stand! Marcus and I sneaked downstairs where she was sitting, eyes shut and a warm towel on her head for some stupid reason, her snow boots on the fireplace.

I heard a snore. This sprung me to action.

Marcus and I each poured a full bottle of Coors, my dad's drug of choice, into each of her boots.

When Dad came home from his date, we heard Maria try to put her boots on.

The bloody-murder scream, followed by "OH MY GOD IT SMELLS LIKE BEEEEEEEEER!!!" resonates to this day.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I've worn my Roxy slippers almost every day since 8th grade when I got them. They've seen EVERYTHING. They've been with me to Alaska, drivers' ed, Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, the racetrack, I've run in them, I've, er, walked in them ..yeah, this story sucks.

I do have better scar stories though. Okay, here we go.

1. I got my ears pierced in 8th grade and apparently they were screwed in too tight because one morning I woke up and the stud was gone! I looked frantically high and low for it. In the bed, on the floor, etc. Then something prompted me to feel my ear and the thing was INSIDE MY EARLOBE. The entire earring got sucked into my ear and you could feel the hard gemstone with its butterfly clip and everything inside my ear. Literally you couldn't see any part of the earring sticking out of my ear, front or back. So the doctor had to numb my ear and cut it out. I let the holes (right and left ear) close up and the good part is I got to take the rest of the year of P.E. off. It was in like April and they'd just started the swimming unit. I got to skip it. Oh yeah.

2. In 5th or 6th grade I was walking down the street with my friend to another friend's pool party and I randomly tripped over nothing and ate it on the asphalt. My knee was split open and I had to go to an emergency clinic since it was a Sunday and get each individual pebble tweezed out of my knee without any numbing thing and it hurt like a mofo. I still have the scar.

3. This past September I went to my school's homecoming football game. It rained and I fell down the bleachers and whacked my shin. It turned an awesome purpley blue (as anyone who saw me at the Steward's wedding can attest) and I was thrilled my dark blue dress matched it. The great thing is I STILL HAVE THE BRUISE. It's faded, but definitely there. Also, the part in my shin where I fell has a dent in it. You can feel it, it's cool.

4. Last month I was wearing these bulky skate shoes and tripped and fell down the stairs at school. I skinned my knee and I have a dark scar from it because I wouldn't leave the scab alone.

5. At the end of 7th grade I was bucked off a fat green pony and my Ariat boots that aren't supposed to get caught in stirrups got caught in the stirrup and I was dragged a few yards and evidently kicked by a hoof because I started peeing blood and blacking out and when I went to the hospital to get a CAT scan it showed a bruised left kidney, ruptured spleen, and internal bleeding! That's not really a "scar" story but okay.

As you can tell I'm very proud of my scar stories. Sorry to hijack the thread. GO SHOES!
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Scott Eiland wrote:
Daryl Dennis wrote:coolest scar
"Best recipe to eat over the sink" "Best beer drinking story" "Best video game experience while sober/drunk" and my favorite "The most daring place you've ever.....
I would be SO in for all of those...
I was, in fact, just eating over the sink a moment ago. Hey, it beats doing dishes.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

With our shiny green tops and our leather agleam
Dance hall boots! That was our dream!

We sat in that boot shop with no intentions to fail
But who knew what we were in for when they had that big sale!

The spurs were strapped on, beginning day one
Never removed, never undone.

Now our tops are soft and our leather is thin
From looking for cows or roping to win.

We’ve taken good care of our cowboy buddy
Never complaining, whether dusty or muddy

We know that we’re old now and not in the BEST of shape
And we dread for the day that we meet the duct tape

Now there’s nothing else we’d rather have done.
When the dance halls were closing, our day had begun

Man, the sights we’ve seen from the miles we’ve traveled!
Yet our souls are intact, nothings unraveled!

Someday we’ll retire and sit on the mantle
Right next to the pictures and the ole horseshoe candle

Until that day comes and we get to rest
We’ll continue our venture at being the best!
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
Anne Conradt

Post by Anne Conradt »

well since you hate shoes, i just wanted to add that the jockey's shoes i talked about still have * on them. i never did clean them they dont stink....anymore....lol but they did for a long time. so are they still going to call my name when we get to the swimsuit competition? I mean, i can change my image (snap) like that.
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

My favorite pair of shoes are probably not even considered shoes at all. While they are a pair of boots, they are a special kind of boots. They’re cowboy boot slippers! What else could a girl want with these schnazzy boot slippers?

I am an all-out country girl. I was born and currently live in Texas; so that right there should let you know how country I am. While I’m a “hick” or what-have-you, I still like to keep things interesting. I’m all about style and what looks best on what. (I mean, come on, I dress my big Border Collie in cute sweaters!) And I’m most definitely in love with the color <span style='color:salmon'>PINK</span>. I saw these in a magazine, and just *had* to have them!

Now, I can go out to the barn in the mornings to feed and not even get them dirty. (One of the benefits of being in a wheelchair is that your shoes are always spotless!) And while I can keep my style, I have a pair of comfortable, stylish, <span style='color:salmon'>PINK</span> shoes to keep my little toesies warm!
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Happy St. Nicholas Day, everyone!

My favorite shoes are actually boots too, paddock boots, that I've had since I was 13. For years I've loved horses (who hasn't?) but my parents realized my problems for learning and didn't commit to giving me lessons until I was old enough to pay attention and put effort into it. I didn't know this at the time, though, because I wasn't fully aware of my learning problems and disabilities. On my 13th birthday, my parents surprised me with these paddock boots from StateLine Tack. I was confused for about 30 seconds because they had always said no to riding...then it hit me and I bounced around giving everyone within reach hugs and kisses for what seemed like forever. Also in the box were several brochures for riding schools in the area, from which I eventually chose Hazelwild Farm and started riding there, and that is where I met Becca Banner and we've been close friends ever since (three states apart now but still close!). I still have those boots, I've worn them for every horseback ride since and although I haven't ridden a horse since my riding partner passed away, they rest on the floor in the back seat of my car waiting for the next time I get on the back of a horse.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Markus Eaton
Miler

Post by Markus Eaton »

my favorite pair of shoes are my old basketball shoes. these shoes are my favorite shoes cuz when i were them i am lucky. like when my team for the boys and girls club ( because im only 13 i play on a team there) my team made it to the playoffs that season. Our team record was 1-7. Then i got my new basketball shoes and played in the playoff game with them. Our team won that game and ended up winning the championship game that season. that is why i think my old basketball shoes are lucky and why they are my favorite shoes!
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

My favorite shoes...just might have to be my pirate shoes.

They're ankle boots, and the inside is furry and the outside is suede. They're grey and they have a super thin, probably two-inch heel (which, admittedly, is nothing compared to the rest of the shoes in my closet). But what they look like matters not. The best part is that I got to wear them when I dressed up as a pirate.

Needless to say, any party that involves dressing up as a pirate also involves a lot of rum. (And trust me when I say that was the last time I drank rum...) Anyway. This party involved me and 50 of my closest soon-to-be-law student friends - very dignified, I swear - and it wasn't very long before we had a rousing chorus of "Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum" going.

And I did a pirate jig in my pirate shoes with plenty of stomping and clapping and hooting and hollering.

And that's my favorite shoe story. Also, one of those stories I won't be telling in a few years when I'm expected to behave like a responsible adult who can keep their mouth shut, so enjoy my stories while you can. ;)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alright, it's taken me a long time to decide. Actually as I type that line I STILL have not decided.

Here are my favorites:

Keith Maidlow
Amy Alyssa
Gary Cooper
Scott Eiland
Meagan D'Amoure

Meagan's shoes were just REALLY cute, but I don't like pink, so, there went that.

Scott's beer story was REALLY funny, but I shouldn't allow that kind of naughtiness.

For a long time I thought Amy Alyssa was going to win.... but I only have 2 farms to give away.

What's that? 2 farms? Yes. It's a surprise, but I'm giving away 2 farms!

Farm of Barbados goes to Keith Maidlow. Why? Because he said he liked the shoes he filly wore. I LOVED that line. YAY KEITH!

And Gary Cooper wins the Canadian Farm! YAY!

PM me with the farms new names, guys.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

Grats you two!
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

Awwwww MAN!!!!!! So close, so so so close. :(

Congrats you two! :) I'll be sending some your way for sure!
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

Awww, congrats guys!!
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Two guys won a shoe contest. The girls need to step up their game!

Now, if we have a girl in a red dress contest, I think we already have a winner.